Windows 10: Your connection isn’t private

Discus and support Your connection isn’t private in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Your connection isn’t private. 6/28/2020 – installed google chrome 6/28/2020 – installed Hola VPN, chrome plug in 6/28/2020 – experienced various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattHerman1, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Your connection isn’t private

Your connection isn’t private.

6/28/2020 – installed google chrome

6/28/2020 – installed Hola VPN, chrome plug in

6/28/2020 – experienced various connection problems with chrome

6/29/2020 – uninstalled chrome

6/29/2020 – received error – “your connection isn’t private” in Edge

Webpage: https://www.techradar.com/reviews/expressvpn

Selected: one of ExpressVPN Price Plan Deals

Receive the error: your connection isn’t private

I also tried to go to the expressvpn site directly and received the same error www.expressvpn.com

· Had never received this error on Microsoft Edge prior to installing google chrome

· Did receive this error on Chrome prior to deinstallation

· After deinstallation, received this error on Edge first website I've received this error on

Not convinced yet this is purely a coincidence, however acknowledge there might be actually a problem with this website

Tried a couple of fixes recommended on the Microsoft help website including

1. Confirming the wireless connection properties are set to private via

a. Clicking on wireless link

b. Running powershell under administrative

2. Running control inetcpl.cpl activating SSL 3.0 others already selected

3. Clearing Browser Data

4. Restarting Browser

5. Restarting Computer

Note: Tracking prevention set to balanced, Version 83.0.478.56 Official build 64-bit, I'm wanting to have a VPN on the computer and was using techradar recommendations on ExpressVPN.

:)

MattHerman1, Jun 30, 2020

2. private connection

Hi,

You can customize your Network connection to either Public or Private network. To set your network connection to Private, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings, and then select Network & Internet.
    • On the left pane, select internet connection you are using (ex: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, etc.).
    • Click the network name that you are currently connected to.
    • Under Network window, enable Make this PC discoverable button.

Your connection isn’t private 01ac483c-a3a0-4fbe-8a73-e02e8fe69afa.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to use.

Monica Cam, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Problems: your Connection is not private

Hi Al-Amin

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

See other steps how you can change your network settings from Public to Private:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-network...

Click Start

Type: powershell

Right click powershell

Click Run as administrator

Type the following at the command prompt then hit Enter:

Get-NetConnectionProfile

This command will list the profiles and from which you need to find the index number

Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 1 -NetworkCategory Private

Where 1 is the index number of the profile to change so it might be a different number other than 1 on your system.

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Your connection isn’t private

Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Your connection isn’t private

1. Your connection isn’t private - Similar Threads - connection isn’t private

2. Your connection is not private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private: every time i click on any website, i get this message constantly recently, so what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/18d5f7a0-4920-4295-a5bb-5f7f7f95a574
  3. Your connection is not private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your connection is not private: every time i click on any website, i get this message constantly recently, so what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/18d5f7a0-4920-4295-a5bb-5f7f7f95a574
  4. Your Connection isn't private

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Connection isn't private: I am having problems login on to sites that I had no problem with before and it has gotten worst. Each time I try to open a site it privacy error message saying that my connection isn't private and not security. I do not understand why this is happening. Can I get some help...
  5. Your Connection isn't private

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Connection isn't private: I am having problems login on to sites that I had no problem with before and it has gotten worst. Each time I try to open a site it privacy error message saying that my connection isn't private and not security. I do not understand why this is happening. Can I get some help...
  6. Your Connection is not private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Connection is not private: I took this message on my android phone and windows 10 pc a couple of times. Your Connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards. www.google.com normally uses encryption...
  7. Your connection is not private

Your connection is not private: Hola, tengo un error en cualquier navegador que use al intentar entrar a google.com, el cual dice "Your connection is not private" Me pasa en cualquier navegador, desde Brave mi navegador predeterminado, Chrome y Edge. Ya intente los comandos ipconfig /release, /renew y...
  8. your connection is not private

your connection is not private: why am I receiving a message that says [your connection is not private? How do I remove it? *Moved from Virus and Malware forum* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/d973a8a2-cb20-42be-8a7a-8f58e8dcc545
  9. your connection is not private

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your connection is not private: why am I receiving a message that says [your connection is not private? How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-connection-is-not-private/d973a8a2-cb20-42be-8a7a-8f58e8dcc545
  10. "Your connection is not private"

"Your connection is not private": I keep getting this error with almost every website I go to, Google, Reddit, Facebook, etc. "Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from Google (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)....