Windows 10: Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Problems with Remote Desktop connections are common. While attempting to connect to the Remote Desktop network, many users have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 11, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 11, 2019

2. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 11, 2019
  3. remote desktop woe`s

Since when is that? My local account does not exist on my server, I can log in fine. I could always log in at home from work, again different accounts and even different domains. It matters not, you can enter any credentials. It would be rather useless if it works like you suggested. I fact, no Windows authentication works that way, you can always enter other credentials.

DanTheBanjoman, Mar 11, 2019
  4. dortegajr Win User

Invalid Login Credentials Remote Desktop Windows 10

Had the same issue. I was connecting from Windows 10 Home laptop to another laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I recently upgraded the Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Professional. I was able to remote desktop prior to the upgrade using my credentials without
    any issues. Once I upgraded, to Win 10 Pro, it said my credentials were invalid. It worked fine after this suggestion! Thanks.

dortegajr, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Your credentials did not work in Remote Desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - credentials did Remote

2. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  3. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work": I am trying to remote into a Windows 10 Pro desktop PC-A from Windows 11 Home laptop PC-B. Both of these are on the same network. PC-A has a local Admin account, PC-B has my Microsoft Account. I have enabled Remote Desktop on PC-A. I enter the name for PC-A in the name prompt...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection - "Your credentials did not work"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  6. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work": So after searching I decided to post this question because all the solutions don't seem to reflect my situation.Before we start I want to preface a few things:All Microsoft Account Passwords are correct I've confirmed them by logging into to the respective MS accounts and...
  7. Remote Desktop "Your Credentials Did Not Work"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection - Your credential did not work: I can successfully RDP to the target computer from any computer with in the LAN. However, I get an error message of "Your credentials did not work" when I RDP from WAN. I know that my setup is working to the target computer but just that credentials entered is not...
  9. Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work

Remote Desktop Credentials Did Not Work: I am failing to get this to work. I have spent the past two hours googling solutions. I tried the ones I understood, none worked. Target PC is 192.168.0.9 Target PC microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Target PC is win10 pro Remote PC microsoft...
  10. Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work"

Remote Desktop "Credentials did not work": I reinstalled windows on my Desktop yesterday. I previously had a handy little shortcut on my desktop to allow me to access my laptops desktop via remote desktop. Of course this shortcut has now disappeared, so I tried to set it up again. Now, when I go to connect it asks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrading to 1903 rdp wont connect

2. your credentials did not work

3. your credentials did not work remote desktop

4. your credentials could not be resolve remote login,
  5. remote desktop password did not work,
  6. work account. the credentials that were used did not work,
  7. gumnuts your credentials did not work,
  8. what are the credentials i enter to remote desktop,
  9. credential wont login windows remote desktop,
  10. remote desktop credentials did not work,
  11. windows 10 rdp your credentials did not work,
  12. windows 10 remote login credentials,
  13. your credentials did not work the credentials that were used to connect did not work please enter new credentials,
  14. credential issue while remote desktop connection,
  15. your credentials did not work windows 10