Windows 10: Your data is not yet backed up

Discus and support Your data is not yet backed up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I follow all the steps I know to backup my PC but when I click "Back up Now" it says "Your data is not yet backed up" I'm not sure what to do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KelliMcPheters, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Your data is not yet backed up

I follow all the steps I know to backup my PC but when I click "Back up Now" it says "Your data is not yet backed up" I'm not sure what to do.

:)

KelliMcPheters, Nov 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Your data is not yet backed up :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 21, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

Your data is not yet backed up

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Your data is not yet backed up [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

Thema:

Your data is not yet backed up

1. Your data is not yet backed up - Similar Threads - data yet backed

2. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  3. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    back Up data on portable drive: Hello, i have both a Hard drive and SSD on my PC. the System files, i.e. Win 10 etc are on the SSD drive. I want to transfer everything to a portable SSD. When i have transferred all my data to the portable drive, will i need to re-install Win 10 and the other programs in the...
  4. back Up data on portable drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cannot back up data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot back up data: Hello!... I have not been able to back up my computer data to an external hard drive or any other form of data storage device... Can someone help me with this issue?... Thanks in advance!... Oz...
  6. cannot back up data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot back up data: Hello!... I have not been able to back up my computer data to an external hard drive or any other form of data storage device... Can someone help me with this issue?... Thanks in advance!... Oz...
  7. Your data is not yet backed up – File History on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Your data is not yet backed up – File History on Windows 10: You have been successfully backing up your files on Windows 10 using the File History utility. But if you see the message Your data is not yet backed up under the Overview section in Backup Options instead of the usual message like Your last backup was DD/MM/YY, then this...
  8. Back up computer data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up computer data?: I have a Windows 7 64Bit Pc which has real quirks and therefore I would like to backup all data from it with a program which is free of charge, because the internal backup of Windows MD works. And also I have to figure out how to get Word and all the Microsoft Office...
  9. Backing up data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backing up data: So I'm kinda forced to update windows 10 in order to use Adobe software and upon knowing the bugs that some win10 updates cause I need to backup before applying, my question is do I only have two backup options (file history & backup and restore)? If that's the case I'm...
  10. Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup/File History suddenly says "Your data is not yet backed up.": I have been faithfully backing up my hard drive every two weeks using the Windows 10 File History utility. Usually I see under Backup Options a message like "Your last backup was XX/XX/XXXX." But tonight I am seeing "Your data is not yet backed up." When I go to "Restore...