Windows 10: Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance

Discus and support Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; whenever chrome browser is opened or at other times too without any apparent this notifications sent by microsoft your default browser is reset.An app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prof R KGupta, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance

whenever chrome browser is opened or at other times too without any apparent this notifications sent by microsoft

your default browser is reset.An app cause d......

even after updating windows version 10 to 1809 same irritation continues. It is so irritating and repeating that it is big nuisance.

Microsoft should take this issue seriously no details are ever found in notifications reason thereof.

Looks microsoft teams has lost control on its own OS development

customer ios more busy handling bugs and error and updates and patches of windows rather than use OS and computer for his her work.

can this stupid goddamned notification be stopped by microsoft

:)

Prof R KGupta, Nov 17, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 17, 2018
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance

Reset the default browser to Google Chrome

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the changes apply to the system.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the screen click on
      View by
      and select Large icons.
    • Select Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs from the window.
    • Under Programs, select Chrome browser, click on
      Set this program as default and click on OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status.

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance

1. Your default browser is reset. Who day this notifications keep arriving .Real nuisance - Similar Threads - default browser reset

2. "Your default browser was reset" immediately after a clean install using Media Creation...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Your default browser was reset" immediately after a clean install using Media Creation...: After a clean install of Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool 20H2 USB, immediately as Windows is starting for the first time, I see the message "Your default browser was reset" twice. For separate clean installs on the same machine I get the message whether the install is...
  3. Windows 10 keeps changing default browser

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 keeps changing default browser: [ATTACH]The beauty of the Windows 10 operating system is that you’re spoiled for choice […] This article Windows 10 keeps changing default browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Iron isn't your default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Iron isn't your default browser: Hey, I just set up my OS again and now it keeps telling me "Iron isn't your default browser" BUT IT IS! I made it the default browser AT LEAST 20 times in two days and it keeps telling me it isn't the default brwoser. I installed edge deflector and it works. Iron really IS...
  5. Default printer keeps resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Default printer keeps resetting?: Sometimes after being the client of a Webex session, the default printer will switch to Webex Document Loader. If you delete Webex Document Loader, it will come back after the next session. If you assign the default printer again, it will reassign back to Webex Document...
  6. How to change default browser being used by notifications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default browser being used by notifications: My default browser is Vivaldi. I have set it up in windows10 as the default. I also have Google Chrome installed. Nevertheless when ever I get a Windows 10 notification through from Youtube Windows 10 insists on sending that notification to Chrome even though Vivaldi is the...
  7. Pop up Notification nuisance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up Notification nuisance: How do I turn off popup notification - PASTE SELECT ALL PRINT READ ALOUD which keeps appearing when I am typing and has to be cancelled before I can continue . Very annoying! Patrisha Ryan...
  8. Default Apps Keep Resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Apps Keep Resetting: Hi All This is driving me mental. I have the latest, updated, version of Windows 10 and am on a new i7 with 32GB RAM etc. I keep changing my default apps in Window 10 and they keep getting reset… here are some of the examples: .pdf from IE to Acrobat .html from IE to...
  9. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...
  10. SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SearchWithMyBrowser - Open Cortana searches in your default browser: Hi! Today, I present to you SearchWithMyBrowser, a little tool to open your Cortana searches in your default browser. Since April 28th, Cortana opens Edge, to force Bing upon you. SearchWithMyBrowser fixes this. It redirects searches to your default browser. If you have...