Windows 10: "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?

Discus and support "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have gone into Taskbar settings and disabled this put it still shows up after a hard reboot: [img] [img] How do I get rid of that puppy? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Dec 17, 2018.

1. "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?

I have gone into Taskbar settings and disabled this put it still shows up after a hard reboot:

"Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of? [​IMG]

"Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of? [​IMG]

How do I get rid of that puppy? I am loathe to click on it since we all know how touchy MS updates are and I have heard told that just by breathing on the update page you can trigger an unwarranted download : ) TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 17, 2018
  2. ConnV. Win User

Windows 10 "Device Missing Important Updates"

My Windows 10 PC is currently displaying an icon in the taskbar that says "Your device is missing important updates" when I hover over it. Clicking on it brings me to the Windows Update section of the settings, saying "You're not up to date. Your device
    is missing important security and quality fixes". Clicking "Check for Updates" causes the window to search for updates for a brief moment, before returning to "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes". It's not actually updating, it just
    says I need to. I have "Give me updates on other Microsoft Products" checked in the Update settings, so I am not missing those. I have run the troubleshooter and tried all the fixes it proposed I do. I have restarted my PC, to no avail. Nothing worked.

Now Windows Defender also displays a red icon on the taskbar, saying "Actions needed" when I hover over it. Clicking it brings up Windows Security Center... where everything seems fine. All the icons except the family options display a green checkmark, indicating
    that no actions are needed.

What is happening to my PC, and how do I get the notifications to go away?

ConnV., Dec 17, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 17, 2018
  4. PC Pilot Win User

"Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?

Change Device Icons with Custom Icons - Devices & Printers

Hi Alexcastillo,

Data does indeed fill as you suggest but although the fields fill in it does not alter the final error (see part of my post marked for ease of reading) am I missing something?

If you have successfully accomplished customisation of the main computer image perhaps you could detai a step by step guide as to where I am going wrong!

Also any ideas re the other generic icons discussed and how to replace them?

Any help much appreciated.

PC Pilot, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

"Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?

1. "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of? - Similar Threads - Device Missing Important

2. Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...: On the Windows Update tab in my Settings, it shows Error Encountered below the words Windows Update and a line of text in yellow that says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. After that it says There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...
  3. Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...: On the Windows Update tab in my Settings, it shows Error Encountered below the words Windows Update and a line of text in yellow that says Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. After that it says There were some problems installing updates, but we'll...
  4. Getting error installing update on Win10 "Your device is missing important security and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Your device is missing important quality fixes

Your device is missing important quality fixes: hi second post herei know this was asked a lot, but I'm getting the "your device is missing important quality fixes" problem. i think I've tried every single fix possible: troubleshooting, dism then sfc, net stop wuauserv, clearing storage, updating with media creation tool,...
  6. 'Your device is missing important security updates and quality fixes'

'Your device is missing important security updates and quality fixes': If I go into Setting/ Updates and Security Widows Update always states 'Your device is missing important security updates and quality fixes'. If I click 'Check for updates' the check will run but may, or may not, find anything to install. If it does 'Installing: 0%' will...
  7. important icons missing after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    important icons missing after update: After another Windows 10 update, my battery icon disappeared from the taskbar. Following the steps provided in the help center do nothing, as the option to restore the icon to the taskbar is grayed out in Settings. There is no option to 'restore hidden icons', either....
  8. "your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more...: “your device is missing important updates Select this icon for more info” Uh-oh. First time I have seen this icon in my task bar. win 10 pro. Running WUB 1.1. default configuration. winver 1803.xxx. Well I am not clicking on that icon. Anything to be concerned about? I’d like...
  9. "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Your Device Is Missing Important Updates Icon" Can't Get Rid Of?: I have gone into Taskbar settings and disabled this put it still shows up after a hard reboot: [img] [img] How do I get rid of that puppy? I am loathe to click on it since we all know how touchy MS updates are and I have heard told that just by breathing on the...
  10. my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...

my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates...: my device is showing updates. your device is missing some important security and updates but when i update it is shows error KB4464218...