Windows 10: your device is missing security and quality fixes

Discus and support your device is missing security and quality fixes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a activated window 10 home Single Language version 1809. It was activated with pc when I bought it. Recently on 13th January 2020, I had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nayanNK, Jan 29, 2020.

1. nayanNK Win User

your device is missing security and quality fixes

I had a activated window 10 home Single Language version 1809. It was activated with pc when I bought it.

Recently on 13th January 2020, I had installed a exe file without checking and the problem started.

I am writing the problem as it appeared to me:

1. Whenever I start google chrome and firefox, my pc made beep beep sounds.

2. By investigating I found that my cpu, memory and disk are running about 100% even without running anything.

3. I found out many processes is running that I don't know off and they are installing by themselves. I had uninstalled some but many aren't in the control panel either.

4. Then I tried to access windows defender but it was inactive. So I had uninstalled McAfee which was installed with the pc, now license has been ended for the period.'

5. Even after uninstalling McAfee windows defender was not active. So I tried to find out it from registry and services. But there was no windows defender

6. I tried to update windows. It is showing your device is missing important security and quality fixes. I tried again and It is recommending for help 0x80080005

7. I tried to restore the windows from previous restore point, but It was taking only the point of 13/1/2020 and after that date.

8. I tried to reset the pc but it is showing there was a problem resetting this pc. After continuing on the desktop there was 2 pop ups.

There was a problem starting winscomrssrv.dll

The specified module could not be found.

There was a problem starting Checklibrary.dll

The specified module could not be found.

Now only the option I left with is windows reinstalling with usb or disc. I am afraid that as I had no product key on hand but my windows is activated with digital license with my microsoft account. I don't find anything to assure that it was my microsoft account with which my 10 home Single Language version 1809 was digitally licensed or with manufacturer who had installed the window!

:)

nayanNK, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Tyler815 Win User

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes problem

Thank you. Below are screen shots from Hard Disk Sentinel, as well as Crystal Disk, which is what I normally use for checking disk health.

your device is missing security and quality fixes [​IMG]

I see now about the ISO file now. I can just run it in Windows Explorer and then click on the Setup.exe file inside the ISO file to run it, correct?

At this point I am wondering if I should take any other steps first before running the ISO file and doing the install?

I will of course make a drive image first using Acronis before running it though.

Thanks again.

Tyler815, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 29, 2020
  4. popymoose Win User

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

popymoose, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. your device is missing security and quality fixes - Similar Threads - device missing security

2. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: 2021-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB5003169 -Error 0x80070020this is on a corsair i7-7700k 32gb pc - last few attempts i have tried:- installing all .net apps - disabling the firewallthankschris...
  3. your device is missing important security and quality fixes .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your device is missing important security and quality fixes .: i am not able to install some security updates , I downloaded them from the catalog and tried to install them through windows update standalone installer . but also failed to install the update ....
  4. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: I have an icon on my taskbar that says your device is missing important updates and upon checking it was unable to check for an update. The error code is 0x80080005. I tried to implement the solution related to using the command prompt, but none of them take the new Windows...
  5. your device is missing important security and quality fixes

your device is missing important security and quality fixes: your device is missing important security and quality fixes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/30a3f051-6170-4aad-9246-0ab4c57d5846
  6. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.: I'm just trying to update my windows, but it keeps showing "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-device-is-missing-important-security-and/81f12cb1-73af-4eb8-95bf-55d16f65271b
  7. "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes."

"Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.": When I go into settings it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes," but when I check for updates there aren't any for me to get. I got two new updates a couple days ago, but even after that it still says it. How do I fix this?...
  8. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: Hi community, I am unable to update Windows - I get an error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070002. Additionally I am...
  9. Your device is missing important security and quality fix

Your device is missing important security and quality fix: Cannot update the window and got the following error, 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 - Error 0x80073701 already follow the advice of DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow...
  10. Your device is missing important security and quality fixes

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes: This morning I have got an error icon on the right side of the start bar saying 'My computer might be missing an important update.' And When I tried to update my windows, I am repeatedly getting an error 0x80070424. How Can I update my windows?...