Windows 10: "Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update.

Discus and support "Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title say, I had the notice that my device is not ready removed today, but when I check for updates, I don't get anything. Am I supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Equalness, Jun 13, 2020.

1. "Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update.

As the title say, I had the notice that my device is not ready removed today, but when I check for updates, I don't get anything. Am I supposed to continue waiting, or use the media creation tool to get it?

Note that I would rather not use the media creation tool, unless I have to/is the only way to get the update.

submitted by /u/Equalness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Equalness, Jun 13, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 13, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

"Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update.

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

"Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update.

1. "Your device is not ready" note removed, but still can't get V2004 update. - Similar Threads - device ready note

2. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  3. An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready: I left the pc after it needed to reboot after it installed I think this first update KB5000802, when I cam back all these were updated: KB4601554, SERVICING STACK 10.0.19041.860, KB4589212, UPDATE FOR REMOVAL OF ADOBE FLASH PLAYER Since then I have this message :"An...
  4. Still not getting V2004 Update - Should I be worried?

Still not getting V2004 Update - Should I be worried?: Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Just as the title says, my laptop still hasn't received the 204 update. I continue to get the message that says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once its ready for your device, youll see the update available on this page." I...
  5. Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your Device Is not Ready Vs 2004: I have 2 desktop computers. Speccy reports on each one attached. The Old computer, computer A is about 10 years old. The new computer, Computer B is about 6 months old. I made an image of Computer A when it was on Windows 10 1903. I restored this image to Computer B, I then...
  6. Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your device isn’t quite ready for it. 2020 Update: Hi. Just gone to the update screen and got the message that my machine isn't ready for the new update. I'm a stickler for keeping things up to date, drivers etc. and making sure nothing is running that doesn't need to be. It's a modern PC so that's not the issue. Is this more...
  7. An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet

in Windows 10 News
    An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet: [IMG]When I tried to run Windows Update on an old laptop that had not been updated for a long time, for one of the updates […] This article An update is being prepared for your device, but it’s not quite ready yet first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Getting your updates ready-loop?

Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  9. Getting your updates ready-loop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting your updates ready-loop?: Hi folks, I have downloaded the October 1809 update through update assistant (not made ISO) and been running it for last hour now. It is at stage getting your updates ready, but it does seem to be looping with this, finishing and restarting getting updates ready again as I...
  10. Stuck on Getting Devices Ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Getting Devices Ready: Hello community Yesterday I got an update problem and I couldn't boot to windows. I mounted version 1803 of windows on USB and reinstalled windows 10 on my C drive by formatting it. After laptop restarted, It got stuck on getting devices ready 12% (Usb was plugged in that...