Windows 10: Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?

Discus and support Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened Edge today and got this message: "Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoderGremlinKurst, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?

I opened Edge today and got this message: "Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10," and I downloaded Windows10Upgrade28088.exe, but have not attempted to install it. The link is found at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage2. Is this genuine?

This seems highly suspicious to me, and I have not been able to find sufficient relevant hits in Google searches on this matter. I've never heard of anything like this before, and I've been a Windows user since version 3.1.

:)

CoderGremlinKurst, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

emulate (gpu device id/older gpu) for older games

Older games? Dead Space 2 was released when there was alpha/beta Windows 8 (which run that game flawlessly btw).

If Windows 10 can run it then 7 should too. Go update your drivers

Drone, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 9, 2019
  4. warup89 Win User

Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?

Windows 7 not genuine problem

It seems like that's an OEM windows copy, it will do that the every time you reinstall the OS. If you have the key, next time you see the "not genuine windows copy" click it and choose to activate by phone, everything else is pretty straight forward as it explains step-by-step. If it doesn't work, then its highly likely that you got a Pirate copy.

warup89, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine?

1. Your device is running an older version of Windows 10—Scam or Genuine? - Similar Threads - device running older

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  4. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 older version

Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  6. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  7. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  9. Genuine update or scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Genuine update or scam?: About July 20th a notice suddenly appeared at the bottom right corner of my screen saying that support for Windows 10 April 2018 update ends in November. It had 3 choices - update now, schedule a time, and another update option I can't recall. There was no way to close the...
  10. Running a game for an older version of windows in windows 10

Running a game for an older version of windows in windows 10: Hi, as you can probably guess, I'm attempting to run a game that was meant to be played on XP SP3, Vista SP2 and/or Windows 7 on windows 10. Its an install from CD game and I can't figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? The game is Star Wars: Empire at War - Gold Pack if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10upgrade28088.exe

2. windows10upgrade28088

3. windows 10 upgrade 28088

4. windows update 28088,
  5. windows10upgrade28088 s mode,
  6. Your device is running an older version of Windows 10,
  7. what is windows10upgrade28088.exe,
  8. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage3,
  9. 2006 quaterhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage3,
  10. windows 28088 upgrade,
  11. security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage3,
  12. microsoft.com/en-us/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage3,
  13. www.microsoft.com/sv-se/windows/compprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_spo_stage2,
  14. windows 10 28088,
  15. windows upgrade 28088