Windows 10: "Your device is running low on memory" error

Discus and support "Your device is running low on memory" error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I updated to Windows 2004 around 2 weeks ago and that made my computer super slow, so I formatted my whole HDD and reinstalled Windows. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jasonslone, Jun 24, 2020.

1. "Your device is running low on memory" error

"Your device is running low on memory" error l3KacUNDUZgZQuaQsPUuijqmtbCJkFz_dCfdYS1Ibdc.jpg

I updated to Windows 2004 around 2 weeks ago and that made my computer super slow, so I formatted my whole HDD and reinstalled Windows. I did not have any issues whatsoever before updating and I have never had issues with any of the previous updates or Windows 10 for that matter. The thing is my laptop hasn't been the same since, even though I formatted the hard drive completely and reinstalled Windows — it now feels slow compared to how it was before. Recently I have been running into this error constantly and I have no idea how to get it fixed.

https://preview.redd.it/22vhd9gafv6...bp&s=f00601a0dcfdb965c157ba7fcef35585d8c30081

https://preview.redd.it/qhtqvw96ev6...bp&s=b6076d4fd31c81cce64d0305f8e9bf90a7cac460

My laptop is an HP Pavillion and it has an i7-4510U processor, 8GB of RAM and a GeForce 840M graphics card and Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, Version 1909.

I have a feeling maybe this is related to whatever that is going on?

submitted by /u/jasonslone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jasonslone, Jun 24, 2020

2. Low on memory???

Hi,

Programs using too much memory and possible infection are a few of the factors that can trigger a Low on memory warning in Windows 10. We suggest running the
    System Maintenance Troubleshooter. This will automatically detect issues that might affect system performance. Follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Search.
    • Select Troubleshooting Control Panel.
    • Click View all.
    • Click System Maintenance.
    • Hit Next.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Babu V Win User
    windows 10 random shut downs after low memory warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.
    Refer to the following methods and check if it helps:

I would also suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows,
      select System Maintenance.

• Click next and follow the
      on-screen instructions.
    Also refer to the steps suggested in this link: Preventing low memory problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preventing-low-memory-problems#1TC=windows-7

Note: Suggestions from the above links are applicable to Windows 10 too.

Try this and let us know the results.

Babu V, Jun 24, 2020
  4. "Your device is running low on memory" error

New Laptop constantly low on memory.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you receive low memory error even though it has 8 gb of RAM. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

Corruptions in Windows components, Ram not accessing its full capacity, multiple files opened on the computer etc.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up

unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
      • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
      • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
      • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to check if the computer is using its full memory.

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig.
    • Go to Advance options and check if you have choosen use Maximum memory.
    • If not, I suggest you to place a check mark, restart the computer and check if that helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

"Your device is running low on memory" error

1. "Your device is running low on memory" error - Similar Threads - device running low

2. "Your battery is running low" notification with the error sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your battery is running low" notification with the error sound: I always hear "Your battery is running low" notification in error sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-battery-is-running-low-notification-with-the/f261bbbe-87bf-41bb-a9e1-4074178a9152
  3. "Your battery is running low" notification with the error sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your battery is running low" notification with the error sound: I always hear "Your battery is running low" notification in error sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-battery-is-running-low-notification-with-the/f261bbbe-87bf-41bb-a9e1-4074178a9152
  4. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your battery is running low: My Toshiba laptop is saying that the battery is running low while it’s on 99% or lower so it’s annoying what should I do? So to use my laptop I need it to keep it plugged in...
  5. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your battery is running low: My Toshiba laptop is saying that the battery is running low while it’s on 99% or lower so it’s annoying what should I do? So to use my laptop I need it to keep it plugged in...
  6. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Running low on memory on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running low on memory on windows 10: Hi, so I created my new gaming PC two months ago. It had no issues until two days ago, when I would be playing a game for several hours and it would randomly crash. Had no idea why, I had ran a memory diagnostics and it came back clean, but the issue kept occurring. Today...
  8. Device is running low on memory at 24% usage? Windows, you okay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device is running low on memory at 24% usage? Windows, you okay?: I have 32GB of Ram in my system. This is the first time I have ever seen this message when opening task manager and I do not see a way to get rid of it. Why on earth would 24% memory usage seemingly cripple my PC...? Any ideas how I can get rid of this and be able to see the...
  9. Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard: Hey good day everyone! I would just like to ask if a wireless mouse and keyboard combo could be the reason my laptop's memory usage is too high. I've been using a new wireless mouse and keyboard combo for about two weeks now and my memory usage in task manager shot up to...
  10. Your Device is low on memory problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Device is low on memory problem.: Hiya Im having a problem with windows 10 where every now and again when i use task manager its stuck on a screen saying "Your Device is low on memory" Now i have 16GB RAM and it says this when its only taking up 10%-30% Is there a way to fix this issue? I use task manager...