Windows 10: Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Discus and support Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey good day everyone! I would just like to ask if a wireless mouse and keyboard combo could be the reason my laptop's memory usage is too high.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Michael Jeffrey, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Hey good day everyone!

I would just like to ask if a wireless mouse and keyboard combo could be the reason my laptop's memory usage is too high.

I've been using a new wireless mouse and keyboard combo for about two weeks now and my memory usage in task manager shot up to 80-90% and routinely warns me about my device running low on memory. This wasn't a problem beforehand.

I checked and when I have them plugged in, my memory usage would be at around 80%, given that I wasn't running any big or major programs at the time. I removed the nano receiver for both the mouse and keyboard and restarted my laptop and my memory usage went down to around 50%.

What could be the problem? Could it really be my wireless mouse and keyboard? If it is, how could I fix this problem to continue using them? Should I stop using the mouse and keyboard completely?

:)

Michael Jeffrey, Jul 12, 2020

2. Wireless keyboard and mouse not recognized

We appreciate your response Sally. This will help us isolate the issue.

In the meantime, we recommend that you run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter on your PC. Kindly click
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter will check if there is a problem and try to resolve it.

To verify that your wireless mouse and keyboard are still working, please try to connect it to a different computer/laptop. Wireless mouse and keyboard are usually battery operated, please check if you are using fresh batteries. On the other hand, connecting
    a wired mouse and keyboard on your laptop will help us determine if issue is with the USB port. It is recommended to try using different USB ports.

There is a chance also that issue might be with compatibility or outdated drivers. Please provide the make and model of your wireless mouse and keyboard. To update the driver, please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update (on this case Mice and Keyboard), and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver.

Let us know how it goes.

JohnMel And, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

1. Your Device is Running Low on Memory Wireless Mouse and Keyboard - Similar Threads - Device Running Low

2. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your battery is running low: My Toshiba laptop is saying that the battery is running low while it’s on 99% or lower so it’s annoying what should I do? So to use my laptop I need it to keep it plugged in...
  3. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your battery is running low: My Toshiba laptop is saying that the battery is running low while it’s on 99% or lower so it’s annoying what should I do? So to use my laptop I need it to keep it plugged in...
  4. Your battery is running low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless keyboard & mouse

Wireless keyboard & mouse: All of a sudden my keyboard and mouse are not working right. Keyboard letters don't come up on screen I have to go back and put missing letters in. Sometimes hitting the key 2 or 3 times. I have put new batteries changed places where the dongle I think thats what it's called...
  6. Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard: 1. My wireless mouse scrolls up and down in wrong direction even after resetting and disconnecting and reconnecting. The problem persists when I use the mouse in another PC. I am using windows 10. 2. I am using multimedia keyboard at the ps2 port. Multimedia functions of...
  7. "Your device is running low on memory" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your device is running low on memory" error: [ATTACH] I updated to Windows 2004 around 2 weeks ago and that made my computer super slow, so I formatted my whole HDD and reinstalled Windows. I did not have any issues whatsoever before updating and I have never had issues with any of the previous updates or Windows 10...
  8. Your Device is low on memory problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Device is low on memory problem.: Hiya Im having a problem with windows 10 where every now and again when i use task manager its stuck on a screen saying "Your Device is low on memory" Now i have 16GB RAM and it says this when its only taking up 10%-30% Is there a way to fix this issue? I use task manager...
  9. Wireless mouse and keyboard

Wireless mouse and keyboard: I have a Lenovo laptop that was just forced to update to windows 1o. Now my Logitech wireless mouse and key board wont work. What do I do to make them work again?...
  10. Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse: I have an Inspiron 4471 AIO, a Dell Desktop and an Acer Laptop all running W10 ver 1809 with the latest updates. The wireless keyboard and mouse that came with the Inspiron work just fine but I want to replace the keyboard with a Logitech or Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse...