Windows 10: 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

Discus and support 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Doing a clean Windows 10 install, used the Windows 10 media creation tool to create a bootable USB. Everything went great until the install was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DallasJohnson5, Oct 25, 2021.

1. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

Doing a clean Windows 10 install, used the Windows 10 media creation tool to create a bootable USB. Everything went great until the install was complete, then when it was loading the login screen, I get the blue screen error 'your device ran into a problem and needs to restart'.After a couple times restarting, the automatic diagnostic tool changed something that now allowed me to get to the login screen. When I logged in, I immediately got a pop up in the bottom right saying something along the lines of 'we removed recent updates that prevented your computer from starting up properly'. However

:)

DallasJohnson5, Oct 25, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 25, 2021
  4. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

This PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

I ran into this problem, This PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. I talked to a Answer Desk tech guy and he gave me steps to troubleshoot the issue.

Fix blue screen error by updating the display adapter:

1. Right click on start menu and click on device manager.

2. On the list of devices menu, please choose display adapter.

3. Please do click on display adapter then see what are the display devices on the list. (For me, it is: Intel HD Graphics & Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)

4. Please choose Intel HD Graphics then click on next to install it.

5. It should say installing a success.

6. Restart your device for the change to take into affect.

At least Intel HD Graphics is for my device.

p.s. The blue screen error has something to do with display adapter? Intel graphics driver is the device to make the viewing display work properly. Also, the updates should be able to detect updates, but in many cases, it will not, since the latest driver
    is updated. That is when manually update driver is needed. He told me that he helped people with this type of issue many of times. That should work for others who have the same issues as me. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows... :) Good luck!

Please also take a look at this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/58d5eb2f-ca88-4f82-9631-82fefd11d774

Lucky Star Tour, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

1. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows... - Similar Threads - 'Your device ran

2. : Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    : Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart...: Hello there!My laptop has been working fine until three days ago. This blue screen keeps popping up randomly and restarting my computer. It restarts it really fast, so when I look away to read something and look back, it had already restarted. I can't get any work done.It...
  3. : Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    : Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart...: Hello there!My laptop has been working fine until three days ago. This blue screen keeps popping up randomly and restarting my computer. It restarts it really fast, so when I look away to read something and look back, it had already restarted. I can't get any work done.It...
  4. Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart: This is the message I am greeted with upon opening my computer. I have tried many solution including booting with safe mode, console commands, etc, none of them have helped. I don't have a backup of the device, is there any way to fix this?...
  5. Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart: This is the message I am greeted with upon opening my computer. I have tried many solution including booting with safe mode, console commands, etc, none of them have helped. I don't have a backup of the device, is there any way to fix this?...
  6. "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart...": I logged into my work laptop this morning and was surprised to find that it was restarting. As soon as I got to my desktop, I attempted to open the browser and got this error. I manually restarted it. The second time, I got to the desktop and tried to open up my files. I...
  7. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...: Doing a clean Windows 10 install, used the Windows 10 media creation tool to create a bootable USB. Everything went great until the install was complete, then when it was loading the login screen, I get the blue screen error 'your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  8. 'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart' immediately upon completing Windows...: Doing a clean Windows 10 install, used the Windows 10 media creation tool to create a bootable USB. Everything went great until the install was complete, then when it was loading the login screen, I get the blue screen error 'your device ran into a problem and needs to...
  9. YOUR DEVICE RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    YOUR DEVICE RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART: I have a computer with the Windows 10 operating system, previously I was using my laptop, there was no installation of any software when I used it. after that i shut down my computer. when I want to use my laptop again I find the problem "your device ran into a problem and...
  10. your device ran into a problem and needs to restart 0 complete

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    your device ran into a problem and needs to restart 0 complete: Hi! So whenever i play my laptop it always randomly shows this blue screen with a sad face and says: "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart". But the thing is its always stuck at 0% percent. Btw the laptop that i have is windows 10....