Windows 10: Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is...

Discus and support Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Your expert asked me nearly an hour ago, for a code to input on the assist legal document he sent to me. I signed it but do not know what the source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joe F: Am trying to, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is...

Your expert asked me nearly an hour ago, for a code to input on the assist legal document he sent to me. I signed it but do not know what the source of the 6-digit code is that is required, so I can proceed to receive his assistance.

Please help!

Thanks,

Joe

:)

Joe F: Am trying to, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

need 6 digit code for Quick Assist in Win 10

Hello,

Looks like you need a more advance technical assistance from someone else to address your concern.

Kindly follow these steps to launch the Quick Assist application:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Quick Assist then press Enter.
    • Select Get assistance.
    • On the Code field provided, type in the 6-digit code from the other party who will be giving assistance to you.

Do note that they will be taking full control of your computer.

If you still have issues that need to be addressed, don't hesitate to post here on the Microsoft Answers forums. My fellow Windows Tech Experts and friendly community members will gladly help you with your concern.

We hope the information we provided helps.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 11, 2020
  3. need 6 digit code for Quick Assist in Win 10

Hi David,

We would like to clarify what the previous Community Forum Moderator suggested. Once you follow the steps that he provided, you will need to click on
    Get Assistance, and then follow the instructions in
    Quick Assist.
    The 6-digit code will be provided by the one who will assist you. He/She should choose
    Give assistance instead to be able to get the 6-digit code.

You will request assistance from a helper (either a friend or Microsoft Support). Both start Quick Assist and the helper sends a security code to the person who needs help. The person who needs help enters the code and gives permission to the helper,
    who is then able to take control of that person’s computer and provide assistance over the remote connection.

Do let us know if you have further concerns.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Tsachi D Win User

Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is...

need 6 digit code for Quick Assist in Win 10

Dear Jane,

this is all UI issues.

when the windows team design something that provides assistant to its useres it must include something that will notify the user that the 6 Digits code we are asked to enter is something that will be given when the assisting personnel will chose to assist!

currently - the same happen to me now - we are launching the "Quick assist" and then we are facing the instruction to insert the 6 digits code.

wen you are frustrated from a windows' failure and you want immediate HELP your brain is set for the minimum instructions required and only wants to get HELPED with.

i suggest you speak to your team and redesign the UIUX so when your customers approach for help and chose to use your Quick Assist - it will not force them to start searching the web with phrases of :"how can i get the 6 digits code for the M Quick Assist...?"

let me know your thuoghts

Tsachi

Israel

Tsachi D, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is...

1. Your expert is attempting to assist me. However, I don't know the 6-digit code he is... - Similar Threads - expert attempting assist

2. i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code: i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code, this only happens on apps not the browser version, my password doesn't work either...
  3. i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code: i keep getting sent a 6 digit code instead of a 7 digit code, this only happens on apps not the browser version, my password doesn't work either...
  4. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!: I built a new pc and am using my storage from the old on the new one and tried to log in. It said Microsoft needed to update and change my pin for security reason. Ok, fine. What’s not fine is that now every time I tried and I used two step to send me a code it would just...
  5. Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!

Why is it asking for a seven digit code but sending me 6 digit codes?!: I built a new pc and am using my storage from the old on the new one and tried to log in. It said Microsoft needed to update and change my pin for security reason. Ok, fine. What’s not fine is that now every time I tried and I used two step to send me a code it would just...
  6. Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...: Any help with this please, clearly an issue on the microsoft side. please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-microsoftcom-sends-me-a-6-digit-code/68087c5b-5afb-4884-bed7-968ee18de4e7
  7. Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...

Cant login to microsoft.com, sends me a 6 digit code, then asks for 7 digit code. tried...: Any help with this please, clearly an issue on the microsoft side. please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-microsoftcom-sends-me-a-6-digit-code/68087c5b-5afb-4884-bed7-968ee18de4e7
  8. Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?: I'm trying to reset the password on my laptop cause for some reason my pin is invalid and I keep getting 5 digit verification codes but then I keep getting told I need 7 digit codes.SEND ME THE 7 DIGIT CODE THENWHAT IS THE POINT OF SENDING THE 6 DIGIT CODE...
  9. Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?

Why send a 6 digit code but demand a 7 digit code?: I'm trying to reset the password on my laptop cause for some reason my pin is invalid and I keep getting 5 digit verification codes but then I keep getting told I need 7 digit codes.SEND ME THE 7 DIGIT CODE THENWHAT IS THE POINT OF SENDING THE 6 DIGIT CODE...
  10. Any experts here know how to repair / install quick assist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any experts here know how to repair / install quick assist?: I'm on 1809 and would prefer not to update to 1909 just yet. I tried removing and installing quick assist from the "add a feature" in settings. didn't work. all i get a is an infinite loading icon when i try to launch it.. https://i.redd.it/c22rc58b89v41.png win 10 home,...