Windows 10: Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11...

Discus and support Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install Windows 11 but I am getting this error. I just want to install windows 11 without losing all my files. I INSTALLED THE WINDOWS 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GodKid6097, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11...

I want to install Windows 11 but I am getting this error. I just want to install windows 11 without losing all my files. I INSTALLED THE WINDOWS 11 ENGLISH VERSION

:)

GodKid6097, Sep 9, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11...

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11...

1. Your files apps and setting cannot be kept because you've chosen to install windows 11... - Similar Threads - files apps setting

2. Windows 11 Installer you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installer you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to...: I am trying to update windows 11 using "Windows 11 Iso Installer" since i have the issue and i cannot update it through settingsIssue: "you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to install windows 11 using other language than you are using now"And i...
  3. Windows 11 Installer you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installer you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to...: I am trying to update windows 11 using "Windows 11 Iso Installer" since i have the issue and i cannot update it through settingsIssue: "you cant keep your files apps and settings because you choose to install windows 11 using other language than you are using now"And i...
  4. Windows 10 update error: Your files apps and settings can't be kept

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update error: Your files apps and settings can't be kept: I have an error when update from 20H2 to 21H1, I tried to do all solution but don't help. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-your-files-apps-and/fe50dcba-14a2-4aa3-9a34-377afc658ef8
  5. Windows 10 update error: Your files apps and settings can't be kept

Windows 10 update error: Your files apps and settings can't be kept: I have an error when update from 20H2 to 21H1, I tried to do all solution but don't help. Please fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error-your-files-apps-and/fe50dcba-14a2-4aa3-9a34-377afc658ef8
  6. You can't keep Windows settings, personal files and apps because you've chosen to install...

You can't keep Windows settings, personal files and apps because you've chosen to install...: I was reinstalling windows 10 and chose english to reinstall windows 10 and to keep all my apps and files, but then I got this message"You can't keep Windows settings, personal files and apps because you've chosen to install Windows 10 using a different language than you're...
  7. Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...

Upgrade installation failure: "your files apps and settings can't be kept because you're...: I have been attempting to upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Unfortunately, when it comes time to "Choose what to keep", the choice to keep my Apps, Settings, and Files is grayed out, and not selectable. The explanation as to why I can't select that option is at...
  8. "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might...

"Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might...: I have downloaded Windows 1909 a bunch of times before and never got this message till now. Is there a way to fix this? Currently trying to do a refresh/install of Windows 1909 to my laptop which currently is running Windows Insider 2004, but it's only giving me the option to...
  9. "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your files, apps, and settings can't be kept because your current version of Windows might...: I have downloaded Windows 1909 a bunch of times before and never got this message till now. Is there a way to fix this? Currently trying to do a refresh/install of Windows 1909 to my laptop which currently is running Windows Insider 2004, but it's only giving me the option to...
  10. Your files, settings, apps can't be kept problem...

Your files, settings, apps can't be kept problem...: I downloaded an ISO for Windows 10 Creator Updates, however when I opened it first time, it didn't give me the first option "Keep my files and programs..." but instead only the last two options although I don't want to clean install, I want to upgrade without losing my files,...