Windows 10: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, windows defender...

Discus and support Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, windows defender... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having an issue, while attempting to open virus and threat protection via windows search in windows defender, I am prompted with a message: "Your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Falte69, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Falte69 Win User

Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, windows defender...

I am having an issue, while attempting to open virus and threat protection via windows search in windows defender, I am prompted with a message:
    "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app" and i am not sure how to fix it, thank you for any help provided in advance

:)

Falte69, Feb 11, 2021

2. Can't turn on Windows Defender - "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..."

I downloaded the latest version of Win 10 and was disappointed that I cannot turn on Windows Defender Security. Same message as many others: "Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.
    Contact IT Help Desk for more information." My laptop is not on a network,I am the sole user and I do not have any other anti-virus apps installed. Where do I go now please?

<Original title - Windows Defender >

MonicaDeblegiers, Feb 11, 2021
  3. IT administrator has limited access to some areas message

I click on "Virus & threat protection" and a message appears. It says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345)

bobthebuilderD, Feb 11, 2021
  4. kommo008 Win User

Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, windows defender...

Page not available IT Administrator limited access

I can't use any security function with window defender ( ex. scan folder with window defender, scan drive )

and now I want to use the function " controlled folder access " but show Page not available IT Administrator limited access same.

I use private network and my notebook. There is no admin at all. Why IT Administrator limited access me ?

And my window notification to encryption drive. Is this related?

kommo008, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, windows defender... - Similar Threads - administrator has limited

2. [Windows Defender] "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Defender] "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and...: My virus & threat protection feature suddenly disappeared and a statement appeared "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information" I've watched YouTube and it...
  3. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app - WINDOWS DEFENDER -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app - WINDOWS DEFENDER -...: I just had a reset on my pc through windows system recovery. After the reset I tried opening Windows Security but it won't let me, then I thought it might be the McAfee anti-virus that has been keeping me not to access Windows Security, then I uninstalled McAfee with...
  4. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app - WINDOWS DEFENDER -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app - WINDOWS DEFENDER -...: I just had a reset on my pc through windows system recovery. After the reset I tried opening Windows Security but it won't let me, then I thought it might be the McAfee anti-virus that has been keeping me not to access Windows Security, then I uninstalled McAfee with...
  5. Windows Defender: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.: Windows Defender works or rather its real-time protection, but for some reason it doesn't work as it should: there is no "Virus & Threat Protection" tab, when trying to open this tab through the search on the taskbar or through "Settings", a window appears with the error...
  6. Windows Defender: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.

Windows Defender: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.: Windows Defender works or rather its real-time protection, but for some reason it doesn't work as it should: there is no "Virus & Threat Protection" tab, when trying to open this tab through the search on the taskbar or through "Settings", a window appears with the error...
  7. [Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.

[Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.: I tried some methods but it didn't work though https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-your-it-administrator-has-limited/63eaf404-eb85-4ec3-b370-00f18fda5883
  8. Windows Defender - "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..."...

Windows Defender - "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app..."...: I just performed a fresh install of Windows 11 on my system as I was encountering random blue screens and Kernel Errors. Those problems appear to be fixed, however it seems as if I'm missing my administrator rights? When I try to perform a scan in Windows Defender, I'm...
  9. [Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.: Split from this thread. Hello Sir,My name is Pratik Meshram and im also getting the same error from 1-day could you please help me.I perform the first step of defender.log file and i sharing the file with you.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj8mdL6Oad1VgXV0lgzfwK0znFaY?e=oVg1Zz...
  10. [Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Defender] Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app.: Hi Microsoft Community,I need your assistance with the problem I have been facing for the past few months. Whenever I try to open the notification "Turn ON your Virus Protection", I get the dialogue box with the message "Page not available, your IT administrator has limited...