Windows 10: Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

Discus and support Your IT Administrator has Limited Access in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have some question regarding this error message. So I want to go to my Virus & Threat Settings to do a full scan, but I was greeted by this message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KurosawaShirou, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

I have some question regarding this error message.

So I want to go to my Virus & Threat Settings to do a full scan, but I was greeted by this message. A little bit of digging, and I saw some solutions about using the gpedit.msc. Turns out that file is gone from my computer. Another search turns up that requires me to do MSASCuiL.exe restart. That one is also gone from my computer.

Few weeks prior, I got a message saying that I need to update my pin to follow 'company policy', and a few days before that, I linked my university email to my Windows 10.

My question would be, is it possible that the IT of my university has gotten into my own personal laptop and changes some settings, and made some irreversible changes?

The only other antivirus I have is Malwarebytes free version. Should I try uninstalling that?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if this has been answered before, but the search bar doesn't turn up something relevant.

EDIT: Both sfc/scannow and DISM.exe is not able to be launched. It would just blip and gone. Is this a virus attack?

submitted by /u/KurosawaShirou
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KurosawaShirou, Nov 3, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

1. Your IT Administrator has Limited Access - Similar Threads - Administrator has Limited

2. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access: Hello, I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, I’ve followed multiple steps from Reddit and on here and nothing has worked to remove the block, I have NO work or school accounts setup on my pc....
  3. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has limited access: Hello, I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, I’ve followed multiple steps from Reddit and on here and nothing has worked to remove the block, I have NO work or school accounts setup on my pc....
  4. your it administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administrator has limited access: this keeps popping up on my screen and I don't know what to do it started popping up after I delete McAfee cause my subscription ended. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/4b31bcd1-c2e7-4ca4-a6fb-04076bd8f34f
  5. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access: I tried running these cmd prompts in administrator mode, 6 of them showed errors and the problem wasn't fixed.reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies"...
  6. "Your it administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your it administrator has limited access": hello guys i have as of today not been able to access my virus and threat protection tab , keep getting the it admin error, ive tryed like every single fix i have read . ive merged the regedit , ive entered the commands everyone reccomended into the command prompt ... still...
  7. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has limited access: hey there, I get this problem I read a thread on this problem the thread and I tried everything. I don't have a school or work account signed in, I don't have other antivirus, I tried updating windows, tried deleting the registry files the thread suggested. I tried updating...
  8. Your IT administrator has limited access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access.: I tried solutions from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0074d126-791a-4936-a845-f84da2449c34?page=1 and it didnt work....
  9. your it administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administrator has limited access: my window's virus and threat protection won't turn on.real time protectioncloud delivery protection automatic sample submissiontamper protection all these protection are not turning on...
  10. Your IT administrator has limited access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your IT administrator has limited access: how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0074d126-791a-4936-a845-f84da2449c34

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your it administrator has limited access

2. windows defender showing your it administrator