Windows 10: "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

Discus and support "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says, I've just restored my machine after 2 years of use and now windows defender is prompting me with a error message.There is no IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LMPDR, Nov 30, 2023.

1. LMPDR Win User

"Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

As the title says, I've just restored my machine after 2 years of use and now windows defender is prompting me with a error message.There is no IT Administrator since its a personal machine, there are no "School", "Work" or any accounts associated with my machine aside from mine.I've tried running CMD commands but even running cmd as Admin i get "Access denied"on some of those.Installed GPedit.msc to follow the steps but it still didn't solve my issue.Windows updates says it is up to date.I can't understand how a clean install of a personal use windows on a personal use machine has this issue.

:)

LMPDR, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Restore Administrator rights to manage another account

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to enable the built in Administrator account, then creating another account - which finally will let you have access to the machine again.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 30, 2023
  3. Problems with the "Restore" function in Windows 10 on my machine.

Since you've forgotten the password, we suggest that you enable the hidden admin account. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R and type "cmd".
    • Enter this command: net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Log out and see if there's an option to log in as an Administrator.
    • You can now try to restore your computer to its previous state in the
      Administrator
      profile.

If you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Dennis Mop, Nov 30, 2023
  4. "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

"Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

1. "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows. - Similar Threads - administrator has limited

2. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access: Hello, I’ve watched multiple YouTube videos, I’ve followed multiple steps from Reddit and on here and nothing has worked to remove the block, I have NO work or school accounts setup on my pc....
  3. your it administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administrator has limited access: this keeps popping up on my screen and I don't know what to do it started popping up after I delete McAfee cause my subscription ended. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/4b31bcd1-c2e7-4ca4-a6fb-04076bd8f34f
  4. "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your IT administrator has limited..." on a personal machine right after restoring windows.: As the title says, I've just restored my machine after 2 years of use and now windows defender is prompting me with a error message.There is no IT Administrator since its a personal machine, there are no "School", "Work" or any accounts associated with my machine aside from...
  5. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your IT administrator has limited access: I tried running these cmd prompts in administrator mode, 6 of them showed errors and the problem wasn't fixed.reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies"...
  6. "Your it administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your it administrator has limited access": hello guys i have as of today not been able to access my virus and threat protection tab , keep getting the it admin error, ive tryed like every single fix i have read . ive merged the regedit , ive entered the commands everyone reccomended into the command prompt ... still...
  7. Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your IT administrator has limited access: hey there, I get this problem I read a thread on this problem the thread and I tried everything. I don't have a school or work account signed in, I don't have other antivirus, I tried updating windows, tried deleting the registry files the thread suggested. I tried updating...
  8. your it administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your it administrator has limited access: my window's virus and threat protection won't turn on.real time protectioncloud delivery protection automatic sample submissiontamper protection all these protection are not turning on...
  9. Your IT administrator has limited access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your IT administrator has limited access: how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0074d126-791a-4936-a845-f84da2449c34
  10. Your IT Administrator has Limited Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your IT Administrator has Limited Access: I have some question regarding this error message. So I want to go to my Virus & Threat Settings to do a full scan, but I was greeted by this message. A little bit of digging, and I saw some solutions about using the gpedit.msc. Turns out that file is gone from my computer....