Windows 10: Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected.

Discus and support Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Laptop with two internal Drives, C & D and both use NTFS. C Drive is Nand, D drive is SSD. I originally set up my OneDrive folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Studio500, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Studio500 Win User

Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected.

I have a Laptop with two internal Drives, C & D and both use NTFS. C Drive is Nand, D drive is SSD.

I originally set up my OneDrive folder and followed Microsoft instructions to move the folder to D drive and all was running well.

I recently signed out of Microsoft Edge and soon noticed that one Drive was now back on my C drive and syncing. I paused the sync, simply because there is not enough storage capacity on my C Drive to hold all my files.

I then attempted to get OneDrive to change the folder location back to the Original D drive but no matter what I tried and despite following all previous support threads, including removing OneDrive registry Keys, Moving the One Drive Folder in Explorer from C to D and attempting to re log into OneDrive from D, but nothing works.

I was up till 03.30 last night trying to sort this out but now I cannot mover any further and would appreciate a little advice.

I do have two step authentication enabled and wondered if this might be causing the conflict.

:)

Studio500, Nov 22, 2019

2. File History - Cannot "Add a Drive" again after selecting "Stop using drive"

pizzle101,

There is a work around.

Create a new folder in the existing drive or you can select the drive that you need and share it on the network and give permission to everyone and then follow these steps

• Enter File History in the search box, and then tap or click
      File History.

• Tap or click Select drive.

• On the Change your File History drive page, do one of the following:

• Select a network location, tap or click Add network location, browse to or enter a location, tap or click
        Select folder, and then tap or click OK.

• In the network location \\127.0.0.1 and select the shared drive.

• When you're asked, tap or click Yes to copy all of the versions of your files to the new drive.

Mark Antony86, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Nov 22, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Your One Drive Folder Can't Be Created In The Location You Selected. - Similar Threads - Drive Folder Can't

2. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  3. Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selective folders in one drive disappeared from my one drive folder: I think my laptop was hacked and selective important folders have completely disappeared from my one drive with nothing in one drive recycling folder. Does Microsoft keep back records prior to 15th March 2023. It looks like someone access my account. I had a single passcode...
  4. Cannot Locate One Drive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Locate One Drive Folder: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1052) I attempted to follow the instructions in the tutorial for changing the location of One Drive to my D Drive. I was able to unlink the account. However, when I go to File Explorer: This PC > Local Disk (C) > Users - One Drive is not there....
  5. “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...: I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.746 on my desktop computer My OneDrive version is 2021 Build 20.219.1029.007 I have OneDrive folder at default: C:\Users\MyUsername\OneDrive I want to move OneDrive to C:\OneDrive. So I select OneDrive Settings - Unlink PC, then...
  6. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location: I just upgraded to Office 365 mainly for the OneDrive access to backup important files. However I can't even use it. It says "Your One Drive Folder is here" and points to my OneDrive folder in my user profile which is on the D drive And then it gives the error in the...
  7. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: I know that question was asked many times and there are suggested solutions available, however, let me start from the beginning. My PC has two HDs - one for W10 system and one for data My Windows ver. is 1903 18362.535. For a long time I had my Onedrive for Busines (ver....
  8. Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...

Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...: Onedrive seemed to stop syncing on my PC and asked me to sign in again. When I do this and try to change the location of OneDrive to D: (C: is an SSD with OS and insufficient space), I get the above message. All drives are formatted as NTFS. If I create a new OneDrive...
  9. OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location: I had my personal OneDrive saved to a location that is not the default location. This worked fine for months but a couple of days ago when my PC booted I was prompted to log in for OneDrive. It then took me to through the setup and showed that the location of my folder was...
  10. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: Hi there I want my onedrive on my data HDD. It's file system is NTFS. I had onedrive working perfectly on it up until a few days ago when it asked me to re-sign in, then when I tried to change location away from the default to this drive it came up with the error message...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you selected for mac

2. your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you selected

3. your folder cant be created in the location you selected