Windows 10: your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected

Discus and support your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Windows 10 x64 pc, and I had always the OneDrive folder working in E:. I moved it to this personal drive to free the C: drive. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr. Jack Hill, Nov 23, 2019.

1. your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected

Hi all,

I have a Windows 10 x64 pc, and I had always the OneDrive folder working in E:. I moved it to this personal drive to free the C: drive. So far it was working just fine. It is an NTFS drive. When today I rebooted the pc, the OneDrive folder did not want to sync anymore, and I could not log into OneDrive. It showed the cloud with a line crossed, in the notification area. But strangely, it still updated some of my files from yesterday. Anyway, I killed the process of OneDrive, I uninstalled the app, I deleted all the traces in the registry, and I made sure that apps have full control over the E: drive.

Yet, I tried to reinstall onedrive and establish the folder in E:, but the error is always the same: your onedrive forlder cannot be created in the local selected.

Then I installed normally to C:, and tried to move the folder, still the same error: your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected.

I ran sfc /scannow: no errors found. Then I ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and it made some correction to the file system. But no help, onedrive folder cannot be created in E:

Can someone help with this please?

Cheers,

:)

Mr. Jack Hill, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Bob Gross Win User

How to reset Onedrive folder selection for desktop sync

Create a folder online in OneDrive where you want your online files saved. Right click the OneDrive icon in the system tray, choose settings, then choose folders. A list of your OneDrive folders will appear with check boxes next to each. Checkmark the ones
    you want to sync, and they'll be listed locally in your folder structure under OneDrive. Then it's just a matter of moving the files you want locally to the folder you created in OneDrive as you would any other local folder.

Bob Gross, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    OneDrive folder connection lost after 1903 upgrade

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be on the safer, you may try copying the files from the old OneDrive folder to the newly created one rather than using the cut/paste feature and see if it stops downloading (sync) the content from your OneDrive account to the local PC.

We do have a dedicated support for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 23, 2019
  4. your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected

This PC leads to the OneDrive folder.

Hi Lance,

There are different factors as to why the default location of the documents and pictures folder on your computer is defaulting to OneDrive. One possible reason is that you setup OneDrive as the default save location of your files. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer and from the left-hand panel select the
      Documents
      folder from the list.
    • After selecting the Documents folder, right click on it and select
      properties from the list.
    • Select the Location tab, and click on the Restore Default button. (see screenshot below)

your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected 13fa8ffd-5e67-4c83-ace3-0aec740681c2.png
    • Select OK and if prompted to create a folder at the default location, click on
      Yes.
    • If you get a prompt to move all files from the old location to the new default location, click on
      Yes.

Once complete the folder properties windows will close by itself and folder should not be using the default location. Take note that these steps apply to the different folder in your computer.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected

1. your onedrive folder cannot be created in the local selected - Similar Threads - onedrive folder cannot

2. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive: I paid for a subscription to OneDrive and installed it on my Windows 10 Home desktop computer. I uploaded my Documents folder to OneDrive on the web. Then when I ran my synchronsation program, I noticed that OneDrive or something? had put copies of dozens of files in My...
  3. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive: I paid for a subscription to OneDrive and installed it on my Windows 10 Home desktop computer. I uploaded my Documents folder to OneDrive on the web. Then when I ran my synchronsation program, I noticed that OneDrive or something? had put copies of dozens of files in My...
  4. Cannot delete folders created by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. “Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...

“Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected” error when moving...: I have Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.746 on my desktop computer My OneDrive version is 2021 Build 20.219.1029.007 I have OneDrive folder at default: C:\Users\MyUsername\OneDrive I want to move OneDrive to C:\OneDrive. So I select OneDrive Settings - Unlink PC, then...
  6. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in this location: I just upgraded to Office 365 mainly for the OneDrive access to backup important files. However I can't even use it. It says "Your One Drive Folder is here" and points to my OneDrive folder in my user profile which is on the D drive And then it gives the error in the...
  7. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: I know that question was asked many times and there are suggested solutions available, however, let me start from the beginning. My PC has two HDs - one for W10 system and one for data My Windows ver. is 1903 18362.535. For a long time I had my Onedrive for Busines (ver....
  8. Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...

Error: your onedrive folder cant be created in the location you have selected please choose...: Onedrive seemed to stop syncing on my PC and asked me to sign in again. When I do this and try to change the location of OneDrive to D: (C: is an SSD with OS and insufficient space), I get the above message. All drives are formatted as NTFS. If I create a new OneDrive...
  9. OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location

OneDrive Folder can't be created in selected location: I had my personal OneDrive saved to a location that is not the default location. This worked fine for months but a couple of days ago when my PC booted I was prompted to log in for OneDrive. It then took me to through the setup and showed that the location of my folder was...
  10. Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected

Your OneDrive folder can't be created in the location you selected: Hi there I want my onedrive on my data HDD. It's file system is NTFS. I had onedrive working perfectly on it up until a few days ago when it asked me to re-sign in, then when I tried to change location away from the default to this drive it came up with the error message...