Windows 10: Your organisation's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias.

Discus and support Your organisation's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I changed my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** because my original email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was hacked and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by djstagg, May 1, 2020.

1. djstagg Win User

Your organisation's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias.

I changed my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** because my original email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was hacked and it no longer exists

Each day when I start my PC, I enter my PIN and it has my former email ... I want it to show my new email

However, I cannot change my primary email because of my organisation's policies

Any help would be appreciated

David Stagg

:)

djstagg, May 1, 2020
  2. Dave F11 Win User

Change primary alias- error "your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias".

I have changed email providers from sympatico to gmail. I cannot remove the sympatico email as my primary alias, getting the message "your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias". I am the sole user of this laptop and I have
    no idea how to change "my organization's policies". I am able to access the net only by clicking on Chrome's "Run as an administrator" with slower performance.

How do I eliminate the primary alias to regain normal usage with the new email sign on?

Dave F11, May 1, 2020
  3. Change primary alias- error "your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias".

I am also having the same problem. I have cancelled my bell internet but my sympatico. email is still showing as my primary alias and I cannot change it. It still says: Your organization's policies prevent you from changing
    your primary alias.

I can however still log into my computer and my Microsoft account, which I was also worried about. So you should be safe to cancel your bell service.

SharonPruner, May 1, 2020
  4. Ilec04 Win User

Change primary alias- error "your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias".

Lovely to see that this problem is still ongoing.

It would be nice if Microsoft would acknowledge the issue and provide clear direction on how to resolve it. To summarize:

a) Some people - seems to be mostly Canadians and Australians using particular ISPs - used the email address proved by their ISP, e.g. @sympatico.ca, as the primary alias on their Microsoft account;

b) These people would now like to change the primary alias on their Microsoft account;

c) For some unexplained reason that seems to relate to the nature of how the ISPs in question set things up with Microsoft, we all receive the error that "Our organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias" and we cannot change our
    primary alias on our Microsoft account.

d) We post here seeking insight on how to proceed.

e) We are given no explanation of the cause or how to resolve the situation, but we are instead given a stream of technobabble that claims to point to a resolution, but which instead indicates that the issue is either being misunderstood or we are being
    spun a line of corporate double-speak because the Microsoft rep posting doesn't know what to do.

Ilec04, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Your organisation's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias. - Similar Threads - organisation's policies prevent

2. Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...: Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-organizations-policies-are-preventing-us-from/44e473d0-07f1-415f-8803-a3a1cf58d4db
  3. Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For...: Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-organizations-policies-are-preventing-us-from/44e473d0-07f1-415f-8803-a3a1cf58d4db
  4. Cannot change primary email address. Error message: Your organization's policies prevent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change primary email address. Error message: Your organization's policies prevent...: Hello. I will shortly be deleting my old ....@sympatico.ca email address so i want to remove it from my microsoft account. When I went to my "manage how you sign into Microsoft account" page there is no option to switch primary addresses. instead I get the following message...
  5. Cannot change primary email address. Error message: Your organization's policies prevent...

Cannot change primary email address. Error message: Your organization's policies prevent...: Hello. I will shortly be deleting my old ....@sympatico.ca email address so i want to remove it from my microsoft account. When I went to my "manage how you sign into Microsoft account" page there is no option to switch primary addresses. instead I get the following message...
  6. Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias: Whenever I try to go and change my primary alias for my Microsoft account it says that "Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias". I don't belong to any organization so I have no idea why it's telling me this. If anyone knows anything please...
  7. Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias

Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias: Whenever I try to go and change my primary alias for my Microsoft account it says that "Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias". I don't belong to any organization so I have no idea why it's telling me this. If anyone knows anything please...
  8. Your organization's policies prevent you from changing your primary alias

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Your Organisation requires you to change your pin

Your Organisation requires you to change your pin: I recently activated my new account for my University and checked 'allow my organisation to manage my device' prompt. I'm not sure if these made any changes to my device but the next day when I tried to log in to my PC with my normal pin i get a message saying that my...
  10. Changing primary alias

Changing primary alias: People on this forum have been complaining that they can't change their primary alias since at least as far back as May 8, 2015--over 2000 people on this forum. God know how many have called in for help like I have. One Microsoft customer server told me it was a known problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your organizations policies prevent you from changing your primary alias.