Windows 10: "Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop

Discus and support "Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't state just how annoying this is. I get this message and similar others in Windows settings. I'm unable to change update settings or run w.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/raythork, Jun 28, 2020.

1. "Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop

I can't state just how annoying this is. I get this message and similar others in Windows settings. I'm unable to change update settings or run w. Defender scans. I've tried all solutions involving gpedit.msc and none of them worked. I also restored Windows 10 (though without deleting my files). How can I solve this? Pls help

submitted by /u/raythork
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/raythork, Jun 28, 2020
  2. denmarfl Win User

Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment ....

This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was causing my Win10 Start List not to show any Text to the right of the programs in the lists and the solution to correct that issue from another Post here...suggested
    creating a new User account.... The instructions were detailed, I followed each step...the new User Account was created and it resolved the issue....

Following the creation of the New user acct, every time Window Updates are offered....the Alert in red "Some Settings are managed by Your organization" displays (see Attachment). The old User account never displayed this Alert.

Clicking on "View Configured Update Policies....it seems this alert is being caused by Mobile Device Management????

I have no idea what that means, or, how any settings would have been set to have some of my settings managed by your organization.

My PC is one of 3 PC's in my Home....it has never been connected to any organization...ie work, etc. During the creation of the New user account at no time was there anything that addressed Organization, Mobile devices during the creation of the New
    user Acct.

How do I remove this Alert?

"Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop 69a42b90-24e4-4b75-9083-9df4c1a3f767?upload=true.png

"Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop 875fafac-6adf-430e-b5a3-aa70a44121e9?upload=true.png

denmarfl, Jun 28, 2020
  3. *Some settings are managed by your organization

Every time windows updates I get this. It's my laptop, why would it be doing this?

*Some settings are managed by your organization

Dale Inman, Jun 28, 2020
  4. "Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

"Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop

1. "Your organization manages your update settings" but it's my laptop - Similar Threads - organization manages update

2. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  3. "This setting is managed by your organization".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This setting is managed by your organization".: Hi guys, I'm running windows 11 on my personal computer, and I keep coming up against the following when trying to make changes to settings, "This setting is managed by your organization". Is there any way of stopping this from happening as I don't belong to a computer...
  4. Some Setting are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Setting are managed by your organization: Hello, I've been facing this problem where multiple settings are disabled as windows says "some settings are managed by your organization". This is odd as I haven't signed into windows using my work/school account only and specifically into microsoft teams. While signing in I...
  5. "This setting is managed or hidden by your organization", "this is managed by your it help...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This setting is managed or hidden by your organization", "this is managed by your it help...: I can't access virus and threat detection anymore and this has been causing issues saving and working on projects. I'm apparently being blocked by my organization, or IT company depending on what I'm trying to access. It's a personal computer with no affiliation to anything...
  6. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Some settings are managed by your organization": [ATTACH] Please someone help me I can NOT figure out how to solve this, I can't modify my update settings and I'm so tired of PC force restarting in the middle of games at midnight and waking up to update when asleep at 6 am. Regedits don;t work, privacy settings don't...
  7. Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some Settings Are Managed By Your Organization: Guys, please help. I can't find the solution anywhere. All of the common ones that pop up when I search for a solution like going into Group policy editor and to windows updates are not working... I've also lost the ability to play sound on my computer, it won't recognize...
  8. *Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    *Some settings are managed by your organization: I just upgraded my home computer from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and under the settings in Windows Update, there is text stating what the title says. Why is it saying that and is there anyway to get rid of it? [ATTACH]...
  9. "This Setting is managed by your organization"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "This Setting is managed by your organization": Split from this thread. -[ATTACH]I only have this problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-organization/4ad69f50-9ab5-4d6d-99d4-e473082034ab
  10. Settings managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings managed by your organization: Every time I sign in with my account on any PC it says some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But its my personal account. What to do with this error?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your organisation manages your update settings