Windows 10: "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization

Discus and support "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on my Laptop, installed recently (a few days ago). I had it set up with my own personal email account, login info, etc. Now, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/J-Fox-Writing, Jan 30, 2020.

1. "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization

I have windows 10 on my Laptop, installed recently (a few days ago). I had it set up with my own personal email account, login info, etc.

Now, my university provides access to MS Office through my university email (a different email to what I set up windows with). I downloaded Office through my university email, and when I set it up it said something about using your organization's settings. I didn't read this properly and simply hit "yes," thinking it was probably necessary being as I got it for free through my university.

Anyway, the next time I tried to sign in to Windows itself, it said the message in the title: "Your organization requires you to change your password". I changed my password, but it wouldn't let me use any letters, and it had to be over 6 digits. So, basically, it had to be 6+ numbers.

I can log in fine like this, but I don't want this as my sign-in, and changing my password from the settings doesn't change this. I also worry and wonder about what has caused this. Why should setting up MS Word change how I log in to Windows itself? And why should my University be able to control what my login info can be? Is it even my university that is classed as the "organization" in this case? Could it be something/someone else who I should be wary of? (I'm on a new, unknown, network in a shared household with about 10 other people that I don't know).

(Also, password expiration is disabled - I've already tried that).

Any advice?

submitted by /u/J-Fox-Writing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/J-Fox-Writing, Jan 30, 2020

2. How to turn off "your organization requires you to change your password" in windows 10?

So my computer randomly said to me "your organization requires you to change your password", why and how do I change it?

Red_Rum_19, Jan 30, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    The World's first synthetic organ transplant

does that picture suggest what kind of synthetic organs we might see next ?

W1zzard, Jan 30, 2020
  4. "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization

how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

I am using an HP laptop running windows 10 home edition version 1903. My version was just updated to build 18362.535. This is my personal laptop and noone else has access or an account. I am logging in using my microsoft account. Every time there is a
    windows update (and even other times) i get the statement 'your organization requires you to change your password". I DO NOT HAVE AN ORGANIZATION. This is a PERSONAL laptop. Why is it asking me to change my password at all, as according to microsoft the deault
    value is to NEVER have a password expire. I am getting tired of changing a password that i dont want to be using at all. This is getting ridiculous. Please do not come back and tell me some type of convoluted way to change my registry and give me 500 steps
    to follow. Even though i do have some education in computer science, i do not work for MICROSOFT. I am the end user, not the programmer. There should be an easy fix for this. HELP!!

jericastellanos, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

"Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization

1. "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization - Similar Threads - organization requires change

2. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  3. Your organization requires you to change your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  4. Your organization requires you to change your pin

Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  5. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account: Hello everyoneToday when I was trying to log in into my laptop, I received this message "Your organization requires you to change your password" which was a weird thing because my account is personal not business and I have never signed in using any business account before on...
  6. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  7. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

"Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  8. Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?: During covid, I worked from home using my personal computer. I installed Microsoft Office, which installed a work account on my computer. And of course, according to work policies, I had to change my password every few weeks. Now, however, we are back in the office. I have...
  9. "your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "your organization requires you to change your password": I signed into my personal laptop with my school account and then removed it after figuring out that it didn't have what I need. About every month or so I get this message saying I need to change my pin. I looked it up but the only solution I found was for Windows 10...
  10. "Your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your organization requires you to change your password": When installing the microsoft office package I accidentally left the box about letting them manage settings on my computer checked. Now it prompted me to change my PIN for login to 6 digits. An older post recommended signing out of my university account and signing back in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 organization password change

2. changing your windows password organisation