Windows 10: "your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden...

Discus and support "your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This is the 2nd time this happened and now it's back. This is all on my personal laptop. Windows uses my personal microsoft account First time it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by link8822, Sep 1, 2020.

1. link8822 Win User

"your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden...

This is the 2nd time this happened and now it's back. This is all on my personal laptop. Windows uses my personal microsoft account

First time it happened around July 22:
    About a month or two ago, I got the pin change message. I was confused because my organization should not be accessing any of my Windows account. That said, MS Office 365 is associated with my University's outlook account. Not sure if it matters, but my uni is based in London. My PC and me are in USA.

I change my pin and immediately after, my PC starts doing a full windows reset with everything wiped.

O had to contact Microsoft chat support a few times. Ultimately, they had to reinstall windows and promised it'd not happen again.

This time Tues, Sept. 1
    I log in with my pin and I get the "your organization requires you to change your pin" today.

Recent events that happened:
    1 I paired my bluetooth headphones to my computer today. i connected fine but this is where I saw "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization"
    2 I earlier contacted MS Support Sunday about OneDrive creating an empty duplicate folder minor issue that I didnt finish fixing yet.
    I am not changing my pin because I'm afraid it will reset my computer again and I don't want to do that. I don't want the support agent messing around and going through the whole reinstalling windows solutions because it seems to be coming back anyway.

What I tried so far:

• I tried Andre's response on this thread. I failed because option 1 the NGC folder I got a message saying I don't have access to it and it says "you do not have permissions to view this object's security properties, even as an administraor", and option 2 when switching to a local account and back, I log out back in & again it says I need my organization requires a new pin i.e. doesnt fix the problem
    • I also tried a handful of GP edit suggestions from other threads here. None worked.
    • I also tried this Mike P's suggestion here accidentally misreading password as pin

I'm hoping I can get this resolved because it seems like the full windows reinstallation did not even work. I'm guessing because the reinstallation of my MS Office or my OneDrive account is the cause??

I know a Rubiks cube is prob easier to solve but can anyone help with this?

:)

link8822, Sep 1, 2020

2. Organization requires changing PIN

I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them
    have worked. I cannot find the setting to change this anywhere on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WillSouza1, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Organization changing Windows Hello PIN settings

I have been signing on to my laptop (running Windows 10) with a PIN for a year, but after I installed Microsoft Office through my university, it forced me to change my PIN to something overly complex, saying my organization required it. Now when I try
    to change/re-enable my PIN, it says Windows Hello is unavailable. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that when I installed Office through my university, it asked me if I would allow my organization to change settings on my device, and I allowed
    it. I want to undo this, because it's driving me crazy, but can't figure out how. I've already tried disabling 'Use Windows Hello For Business' in the local group policy editor, which doesn't seem to have done anything at all. How can I revoke an organization's
    control over my laptop's settings?

darthinator, Sep 1, 2020
  4. "your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden...

"Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

Thank you for the link. I was able to set my Diagnostics Data to Full by using gpedit.msc. But I still am not able to get rid of "Some settings are hidden or managed bu your organization."

Any advise?

SherryMalik, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

"your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden...

1. "your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden... - Similar Threads - organization requires change

2. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  3. "Your organization requires you to change your pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to change your pin": I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, and it's on my last good nerve. The laptop is my personal device and my personal email is the only account with access. I did sign in with my school account to use Office, and there were not any problems before signing into...
  4. Your organization requires you to change your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  5. Your organization requires you to change your pin

Your organization requires you to change your pin: I make use of windows 11 and it said “your organization requires you to change your pin” i have tried changing the password but my alphabet keys are not working and the number keys are working. Meanwhile I am able to put in my old password alphabet which took me to the page...
  6. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  7. "Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin"

"Your Organization Requires You Change Your Pin": I do not have an organization. this is a personal computer and I have tried every trick in the community I feel. Any help would be great. Again, this is a personal laptop HP Spectre...
  8. Organization requires that you change your pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires that you change your pin: Hi. I keep getting an error message stating "organization requires that you change your pin", however, this is a personal laptop and I do not work for an organization. Thank you...
  9. Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN

Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN: I keep getting the subject demand on my login screen every few weeks or so. I purchased the laptop, not "my organization" for home work purposes. There is no reason for me to change the PIN this frequently, and I want to either disable it or extend the period to something...
  10. You organization requires you to change your pin

You organization requires you to change your pin: So this is probably the third time I have gotten this message. My pc is not part of a domain or organization, this is a fresh install of windows, but every time I install office 365 (student version) upon reboot it forces me to have a more complex pin, and then when I go into...