Windows 10: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Discus and support Your Outlook account settings are out of date in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date". When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bupthebroker, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

My Windows 10 E-Mail app keeps telling me that "Your Outlook account settings are out of date".

When i click on "Fix" then it fixes it temporarily but the issue soon returns.

How to resolve this permanently?

Regards

:)

bupthebroker, Sep 20, 2015
  2. PN ptb Win User

Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

Still getting this error on one of my IMAP accounts after the latest update. This is extremely annoying!

PN ptb, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Your outlook account settings are out of date - windows 10 mobile

I have not yet seen any comment from Microsoft on this, although I'm sure they do know about it, as suggested by Sven.

On another thread, where this same issue was being discussed, one contributor had suggested the issue was associated with a problem with the DSN settings on the wireless network to which the device happened to be connected to at the time. I think there
    may be some validity to this theory because, on the whole, my experience of this problem has reduced to a point where it is now bearable. However, at the weekend, I was in my local Tescos and my phone automatically connected to their WiFi. When I walked
    out of the place, half an hour or so later, I noticed my phone was flooded with notifications. Nearly all of them were of this warning message, affecting various of my multiple email accounts, so there was clearly something peculiar about that network environment
    that triggered the notifications.

I found that after I added a security PIN to the phone, shortly after I got it back in January, that action certainly appeared to reduce the frequency of this message coming up, even though it didn't eradicate it. Network DNS issues can sometime be transient
    and there is no reason why the mobile providers' networks might also experience intermittent problems with DNS. This might explain why I sometimes see this notification even when I am not connected to a WiFi network and simply using my mobile provider's data
    connection. On that basis, I guess it's possible that this issue may not actually be Microsoft's problem, as such, other than they may have built some additional error handling into the Windows 10 phone OS, which is picking up a particular network issue.

Still annoying, nevertheless!

Steve Tomalin, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Your Outlook account settings are out of date

Is it actually Outlook.com [Online/Webmail] and not Microsoft Outlook [part of Office]? Are you opening from a link in Favorites or the Favorites bar? If it's Outlook.com ave you tried typing just outlook.com in the Address bar, pressing Enter then tried logging in again? Could be the stored shortcut is the problem, have seen it happen.

Berton, Sep 20, 2015
  5. None, its the built in Windows 10 Mail application.

bupthebroker, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Your Outlook account settings are out of date [​IMG]

bupthebroker, Sep 30, 2015
  7. I started having exactly the same problem as 'bupthebroker' right after installing Windows 10 November update (threshold 2). As he mentioned when one tries to fix the problem by clicking on the tab of the same name "Fix the problem" at the top of the window and entering your password in the Microsoft's email app, it will come back 2 or 3 minutes after. What I did was to log into my outlook email account and fix the problem there. I also ticked the box asking to save the password after entering it and clicked on Save. That seemed to have resolved the issue (I am not totally sure), but the problem has not come back so far...

IronZorg89, Nov 17, 2015
  8. Your Outlook account settings are out of date

If that doesn't work, remove your email address, and put it back in again. At the very least, try editing it so you can ensure the password and everything else is correct. If you use POP instead of IMAP, you should probably back up your email.

If it doesn't let you, see if you can using this: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2...p-windows.html

DustSailor, Nov 17, 2015
  9. I think you've hit the nail right on the head. I tried your suggestion and it seemed to have worked. What I did was to delete both of the accounts which were giving me the problem and add them back again. Since then, the problem didn't recur. Normally the problem would have come back 3 or 4 minutes after clicking on the tab "Fix the problem". I waited about half an hour to make sure and luckily it didn't show up again. I really hope to never see it again.

Thanks a lot "Dustsailor". Tip of the hat.*Wink*cake

IronZorg89, Nov 17, 2015
  10. Micromax Win User
    I was first asked to submit Outlook Password. Everything was fine in Outlook and Calendar. To get rid of the message, I just clicked on sync, which is the 2 circular arrows on the top of the Oultook Mail app on Windows 10. After syncing everything that could synced from the Outlook Mail App, the problem went away. I guess in my case it came down to syncing the Apps in Windows 10 (Mail and Calendar) to the web apps Outlook and Calendar. I hope this helps.

Micromax, Dec 14, 2015
  11. Thanks Micromax for your suggestion, but the one proposed by Dustsailor above has resolved my issue and the infamous message never came back. As a matter of fact, as far as I remember, I have tried the synching solution you mentioned but it didn't work for me.

IronZorg89, Dec 15, 2015
  12. Micromax Win User
    Hi IronZorg89, I'm glad it's working for you. I guess I was lucky that syncing worked for me. Don't know why though?

All the best to you.

Micromax, Dec 16, 2015
  13. gweaver Win User

I found the solution to this problem. Click on the New Notifications list on the bottom right of your screen where you probably have a whole list of " Outlook settings are out of date". Right click one of these and choose not to receive notifications from this app. Done, no more "Outlook settings are out of date". This is a glitch from Microsoft which they will probably not fix and why would you want to receive notifications from this app anyway since all you are receiving is junk.

gweaver, Jan 27, 2016
  14. Micromax Win User
    Thanks for the info on applying the fix. It sounds easier.

Micromax, Jan 28, 2016
  15. roystreet Win User
    I should've looked for this question earlier on this site. Unfortunately, I've tried this remedy before & it may have temporarily fixed it, but them occurred again. I would love to get rid of the notifications, but the problem is, it stops getting emails shortly after the fix message appears.

I've tried it on multiple MS accounts on my computer. I've also tried it on a local admin account that would connect to the email accounts I was using. Also, it happens to my gmail account as well as my 2 outlook accounts. It's not just the outlook account.
    My wife's computer. which is a HP laptop, connects to one of the same accounts as me, but I don't recall her ever getting that message.

roystreet, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Your Outlook account settings are out of date - Similar Threads - Outlook account settings

2. Your account settings are out of date!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your account settings are out of date!!: After updating Windows 10 to v2004 this happens... Why does Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 keep asking me to "Fix my account" every time I reboot my laptop? This information does not help:...
  3. "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"

in Browsers and Email
    "Your Outlook account settings are out of date": I keep getting this message over and over again every couple of days or so. This started about 2 or 3 Windows updates ago or so. When I click on it I'm taken to what looks like my email sign in little box and it says something like "because you're accessing sensitive...
  4. "Your account settings are out of date".

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Your account settings are out of date".: received the above message on my Hotmail accounts. Tried "fix account", waited 25 minutes, got a "wait one moment" message, waited another ten minutes, then got "something has gone wrong" with an error message. have tried twice through settings to rectify this, with no joy....
  5. Outlook Account Settings are out of date

Outlook Account Settings are out of date: A while back I started seeing this message in a yellow bar at the top of Outlook Mail client. If I click the Fix account button it asks for my PIN and then says "fixed" and seems to work OK after I restart Outlook Mail. If I click Dismiss, or don't do anything, it seems like...
  6. "Your account settings are out of date..."

"Your account settings are out of date...": Trying to sign into Hotmail. but can't because my account settings are out of date AGAIN! I just fixed this, and now have to again? What's wrong?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date/0e596d7e-0c00-4392-af47-b4e23257df52
  7. Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date

Your Outlook Account Settings are out of Date: In windows 10 mail, my Microsoft email account keeps losing its connection and I have to keep signing in over and over again. Usually once I sign in it remains OK for the duration that I have my computer powered on but almost always reoccurs when I go to power my machine back...
  8. Your account settings are out-of-date

Your account settings are out-of-date: For the last 2 days; Your account settings are out-of-date The weird part is that it doesnt affect my main account, just my 2 slave accounts (my son and father's email which is tied to my own). So my email comes up as normal but not the other 2. It just keeps...
  9. your account settings are out of date - Outlook

your account settings are out of date - Outlook: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-account-settings-are-out-of-date-outlook/8e2e4d54-129a-4cf7-9348-1d8dca506313
  10. Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail: Your Outlook account settings are out of date: That's nice, Windows, especially since I don't have an Outlook account. But this annoying message keeps popping up anyway. I have only set up Windows mail with a Gmail account, but it keeps blathering about a non-existent Outlook account. Poking around in the app, I did find...