Windows 10: Your Outlook data file cannot be configured

Discus and support Your Outlook data file cannot be configured in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have changed the user name in C:\Users from an error created name(tipst) to Noel using a tutorial accessed on Windows Ten Forums. When I tried to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by noels7, May 11, 2021.

1. noels7 Win User

Your Outlook data file cannot be configured

I have changed the user name in C:\Users from an error created name(tipst) to Noel using a tutorial accessed on Windows Ten Forums. When I tried to open Outlook Office 2019 i received the following: "Your Outlook data file cannot be configured. C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The path specified for the file C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] is not valid." I have tried everything I can think of including researching Ten forums and Google to remedy the problem including a full uninstall-reinstall of Microsoft Office The problem still exists. I have run SCANPST.EXE and even tried to substitute tipst with Noel in C:\Users\tipst\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] The program runs and found only minor inconsistencies. Repairing the file is optional but no repair button is visible. Win10 20H2 OS Build 19042.964 Would appreciate if any advice/assistance could be provided. Noel Southam

:)

noels7, May 11, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, May 11, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
  4. Steve C Win User

Outlook 2016 Mail Configuration Issues

I've set up Outlook 2016 with the following email accounts:

L: [email protected] - Microsoft account using Exchange Server

plus 3 other email accounts on IMAP including a Gmail account.

All work and send / receive mail fine. Please advise:

1. How do you configure Outlook 2016 where to save Sent Mail in an IMAP acount? There is no configuration option like Outlook 2010.
    2. How do I change the name of the Exchange Server mail account displayed? I want something different to L: [email protected]
    3. My laptop running Outlook 2010 is configured to have the same accounts but also shows "Outlook Data File" with the associated mailboxes. I don't see this in Outlook 2016. Is this normal?

Steve C, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Your Outlook data file cannot be configured - Similar Threads - Outlook data file

2. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  3. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  4. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlook Data File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Data File: I want to transfer an Outlook data file from an old PC to a new one using a thumb drive. The thumb drive has a 14.5 GB capacity and my Outlook data file is 7,525,192 KB - but the drive won't accept the transfer. How can I reduce the size of an Outlook dat file?...
  6. Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Data File Cannot Be Opened: I am failing to open Outlook. The following is the window that is coming out, The File. C:\Users\joemb\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\[email protected] Cannot be opened. Then after closing the above window, the following is displayed, Cannot start Microsoft Outlook....
  7. Outlook Data File cannot be opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Data File cannot be opened: Hi, I have a user running Office 365 Pro Plus version 16.0.11425.20244. Her Outlook gets the message below. I set her up with a new Outlook profile. In 3-4 days the same happens again. Below is a list of steps were have tried that were not successful. 1. I deleted and...
  8. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook data file: How do I recover outlook data file deleted from recycle bin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/e6c1fd98-e73e-4e9c-bf06-6c2ae8a6537d
  9. Outlook data file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook data file: I have more than one data file in Outlook. How to I combine them and return to just the Outlook data file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-data-file/f6791306-702a-406f-8f04-ad859b637a64
  10. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file . . .: [img] Outlook is driving me crazy! Office 365 ProPlus got updated yesterday, and today it's giving me this stupid thing! It also doesn't seem to be collecting my emails for me. In fact, I tried to send an email from one of my accounts to another one and it told me I don't...