Windows 10: Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords

Discus and support Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes you need to connect to another Windows 10 computer using a Remote connection from another Windows PC. When doing so, if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 27, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords

WinClub, Sep 27, 2019
  2. jadegem Win User

Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept blank passwords

When connecting from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the RD app, I get a message "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords". My password has not expired (I tried
    changing it and using the new password), and I am definitely not sending a blank password (the credentials are not saved, and I type them in every time).

Using the desktop app works, but it cuts off after a few seconds, but that's a different issue. When connected, the connection is shown as 'Excellent', so I am not having Internet connection issues.

Using the Android RD app from my phone works perfectly.

jadegem, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Blank guest password has expired. How to change to a blank password?

I have a guest account on my laptop. The password has expired, and I'm being prompted to change it.

The problem is that there never was a password - it was blank, so the computer never prompted for it. It simply presented a button with "Sign in", which opened the account.

In the "Change Password" dialog, to change a blank password to a blank password, I simply hit Enter. But Bill doesn't accept that. Denied.

I tried leaving the current pwd blank, and change to 123, but that's not acceptable either.

Pls advise. Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords

1. Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords - Similar Threads - password may expired

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  4. Password expiration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password expiration: Greetings. I have Windows 11 Home Edition, and every month I'm getting a password expiraton notice. Is it possible to disable this annoying feature permamantly? I've searched the web and all I come up with is how to disable password expiation in Windows 10 and Windows 11, but...
  5. Password not accepted

Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  6. Expiring Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Expiring Passwords: Yesterday when I attempted to sign into my computer, it said I had to change my password, which I did. Then I found directions on how to prevent it from happening again - so I never have to change it again. I understand it happens every 6 weeks. These are the directions I...
  7. PC not Accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  8. Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...

Remote Desktop error: Your password may have expired or the remote pc might not accept...: When connecting from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the RD app, I get a message "Your password may have expired or the remote PC might not accept blank passwords". My password has not expired (I tried changing it and using the new password), and I am definitely not...
  9. Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changed password on microsoft account, but Remote Desktop not accepting ANY password: So I have multiple devices on the same microsoft account. Because of the location of my media server, I usually log in to it via Remote Desktop from my main PC. Since changing the password on my microsoft account, and going through the 5 devices that use the same account...
  10. Blank guest password has expired. How to change to a blank password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blank guest password has expired. How to change to a blank password?: . I have a guest account on my laptop. The password has expired, and I'm being prompted to change it. The problem is that there never was a password - it was blank, so the computer never prompted for it. It simply presented a button with "Sign in", which opened the...