Windows 10: Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Discus and support Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts. I configured the fingerprint and it worked,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by problemS0lver, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

I recently started using a USB fingerprint scanner on a Windows10 workgroup computer with local accounts.

I configured the fingerprint and it worked, at some point I renamed the account using wmic (wmic useraccount where name='currentname' rename newname), I also changed the password.

Now every time I try to login with my fingerprint I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello". This is a workgroup computer with local accounts not Microsoft accounts.

I have researched ways to reset, wipe, remove etc any and all stored credentials both from the registry (HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\winbio\accountinfo\...) and static files such as those in C:\Windows\System32\WinBiosDataBase with no success.

I have tried countless times to start from scratch without success for that account, fingerprint logins work for every other account.

:)

problemS0lver, Jun 11, 2019
  2. EvaABC Win User

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello.

I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello."

Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and a shame that users are logged out from their own computer, and for me, do a factory reset is not an option.

I logged in to my computer with PIN and Face recognition for almost a year, suddenly when I try to log in with the PIN or FACE I get the message listed above. I do not have another device, I did not change my password, obviously this is the start of a nightmare.

Let's suppose a hacker did it. Isn't it ridiculous that me, in my computer, with the same IP address, with my FACE and PIN, with the mobile number that receives the code to reset the windows live password, can not log in ? something is missing in the authentication
    protocol, please solve it in your next update, I am not going to factory reset my computer.

I have had Microsoft support checking the issue but no solution at all. I have done all possible checks mentioned in the Microsoft pages, from users on the web.. nothing works, I am logged out of my computer.

Since I am not the first having this problem, could Microsoft send an update where PIN and FACE are accepted and is not depending from this ghostly password change from another device ?

EvaABC, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Windows problems with passwords and use of different devices

Hi,

The account number and password prompt that you encounter on your device can be related to your product activation. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• When do you encounter the prompt for the account number and password?
    • Are getting any error messages when trying to sign-in using your account? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

Do you have any other device linked your Microsoft account?

I suggest you to try to sign in to Login.live.com using the same password. If you are able to
    sign in then try using the onscreen keyboard to login to your computer.

Note: To open the on screen keyboard from the sign-in screen, select theEase of Access
    button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen, and then select
    On-Screen Keyboard.

If you are still unable to login to your computer you can reset the password and check if that helps. You can use steps from the following article to

reset your Microsoft account password

and try to login to your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

1. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with... - Similar Threads - password was changed

2. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hello, Recently I restored my pc through Dell's software. After the restore, every time I login I get the error: The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... I put in the same password and it's all good. Why is this happening? Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS...
  3. Do you want this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do you want this app to make changes to your device?: I uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Reader yesterday. Now, whenever I open a pdf file, I get the following message for Adobe Acrobat: "Do you want this app to make changes to your device?" This never happened before- why is this happening now, and how do I make this...
  4. The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.

The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.: I tried to log in to my microsoft account on Windows 10 ... I entered my email and password but then it needed my current Windows password ... I entered the password that I have when I turn on my computer but it does not work .. . When I tried to change my password, it was...
  5. Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with...: I can not log in, I get the message "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with with Windows Hello." Microsoft, please, repair your authentication protocol. It is unacceptable and...
  6. do you want app to make changes to your device

in Windows 10 Customization
    do you want app to make changes to your device: hello i have recently updated windows 10 since then i keep getting this pop-up do you want app to make changes to your device which is denying me access to anywhere, not even to change user name nothing the pop up screen has only no on it can"t have access to anything i need...
  7. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hi, i am running windows 10 and have just had to delete and re-install my work email on 365 as my 6 monthly password needed changing and it kept saying I couldnt connect to the internet to change itfor some reason. Uninstalling and reinstalling it worked, but when I tried to...
  8. password changed on different device

in Windows 10 News
    password changed on different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  9. Your password was changed on a different device

in Windows 10 News
    Your password was changed on a different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  10. Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?: Win 10 Pro. 1709. Logged in as admin. I don't want to shut off UAC completely but that message gets pretty annoying at times. Is the only way to solve this is to use Task Scheduler or a third party app? or is there a setting that I am not aware of that I can just manually...