Windows 10: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid...

Discus and support Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; File: \BCD Error code: 0xc0000098 I received this error screenshot below out of nowhere on my Surface Go after turning it back on. Upon searching, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatrickLatorre, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid...

File: \BCD

Error code: 0xc0000098

I received this error screenshot below out of nowhere on my Surface Go after turning it back on. Upon searching, I found that it was because of a boot configuration file.

I've created a recovery drive to attempt to fix the problem using these solutions:

https://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/i...00098-boot-configuration-data-file-corrupted/

However I can't find my recovery key for bitlocker. I can not find the key in my Microsoft account's devices and it even says that bitlocker is "suspended" on my surface go even if it bitlocker is indeed enabled.

Furthermore, the recovery drive menu doesn't show any option to just reset the pc to factory settings.

tldr; How do I reset my PC if I no longer have my recovery key for bitlocker?Please help as this effectively bricks my Surface.

Thanks

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid... e0ff6de2-b591-4da3-b571-212991549810?upload=true.jpg

:)

PatrickLatorre, Jun 13, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 13, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid... [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid...

Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system

I had the wonderful idea of upgrading my PC to Windows 10, I was impressed with the upgrade and I have absolutely no problems, the PC booted several times while upgrading which appears to be normal and at the end it finished with
    no error or warning messages.

I worked on the PC the rest of the afternoon and night checking all my apps were working fine and no problems, this morning I found the PC with this blue window :

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

"The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system".

File: \BCD

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don;t have any installation media (like a disk or USB device) contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.

This was an upgrade From Windows 8 to Windows 10 performed yesterday and therefore I do not have system disks.

It won't boot up and it says to contact the "PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer" ...

Well I'm the PC admin and my device manufacturer only has the Windows 8 so I can't do much.

How can I recover? Can I get a system disk or what can I do?

Cesar_Campo, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid...

1. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configration Data file doesn't contain valid... - Similar Threads - Device needs repaired

2. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  3. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: I was on a game installation and my Pc just freeze, i restart it and windows cant launch .I make a windows USB tool to try to repair, i choose repair windows but it doesnt work and next screen was windows boot manager with "The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain...
  4. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  6. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....: My laptop was running just fine a while ago and even used it for online class. Until recently, I opened it again but this time it showed that error. I tried to reset my PC but there is no option and it led me to Advanced Options. I tried typing bootrec. exe \fixmbr but then...
  7. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system....

8. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

"The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...: Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen Your PC/Device need to be repaired File \BCD Error Code 0xc0000098 I do not have a CD or anything with windows 10 as i bought the laptop with it installed already. I have followed a few steps on...
  9. Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information

Boot configuration data file doesnt contain valid information: hi am getting the below error and i dont have installation media , how can i fix the issue ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-configuration-data-file-doesnt-contain-valid/c8b9e6fb-11bf-4f0c-b50a-024e0fca8a83
  10. The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...

The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors" File:...: Hi everyone, I dual booted my windows 10 on an Asus n550jx laptop with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and everything worked fine until I decided to remove my ubuntu. I created a usb recovery drive in windows which eventually got 8 Gbytes of space in my usb. I booted from it and it was...