Windows 10: "Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC

Discus and support "Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting the automatic repair boot loop, and I've tried all the advanced options that it will allow me, but I can't do these steps because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RachelSK, Jan 24, 2021.

1. RachelSK Win User

"Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC

I have been getting the automatic repair boot loop, and I've tried all the advanced options that it will allow me, but I can't do these steps because it says there are no administrators on the pc Which is not true because I am the only one using this pc:

I can't:

Uninstall updates

System restore

Command Prompt

Startup repair

System image recovery

And when I do the startup settings, like tap away at f4 to enable safemode it does nothing, just loops back to "Your PC didn't start correctly"

It initially started yesterday while playing a game, it shut down suddenly and I've been having this issue ever since.

I really hope anyone can help me, because I've been googling away and tried so many things, and I'm at a loss now..

:)

RachelSK, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Can't Access Administrator Account - Windows 10

Hi,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode, refer to the following link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Once you are in safe mode, let's enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes on the command prompt, and press Enter. This command will enable the built-in Administrator account.
    • Type net user administrator password on the command prompt, and press Enter. This will change the Administrator account's password to
      password.
    • Reboot your computer, and sign in as Administrator.

Once you are signed in as Administrator, let's make your old account as Administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Settings > Accounts > Other Users.
    • Click on your other account and click on Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 24, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 24, 2021
  4. "Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC

No Administrator Rights On The PC (Windows 10)

Hi Fozia,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    • Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.
    Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

"Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC

1. "Your PC did not start correctly" and no administrator accounts on PC - Similar Threads - did start correctly

2. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your PC did not start correctly: Everytime I update the Bluetooth on my computer, it completely breaks my computer. No amount of automatic repair or system restore fixes the issue. Last time this happened, I had to take it into a repair shop. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC did not start correctly: Everytime I update the Bluetooth on my computer, it completely breaks my computer. No amount of automatic repair or system restore fixes the issue. Last time this happened, I had to take it into a repair shop. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC did not start correctly: I believe my PC overheated, which caused this error. Allowing it to cool down off did not help. It brought back to the blue screen for repair options. I tried doing 'System Restore' and it has me select my account, but then asks for a password. This is where Im stuck. I've...
  6. Your PC did not start correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your PC did not start correctly: 1 Night I was on my Windows 10 computer doing stuff, then I shut it down, the next morning I come to this, why?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pc-did-not-start-correctly/5c7bedf1-2d9f-4680-8566-33b3891c79cf
  7. Your pc did not start correctly

Your pc did not start correctly: I dont have a good english but I hope u understand me. I didnt turn on my laptop from some months. Today I tried start , will start normally but my screen was blocked . I restarted, after this , was apper blue screen with this error. I tried use Startup repara but doesnt...
  8. Your pc did not start correctly

Your pc did not start correctly: The automatic update to W10 resulted in the error message "Your pc did not start correctly". I went through all of the automatic repairs it did not work. All the attempts went into repetitive loop...
  9. "Your PC did not start correctly"

"Your PC did not start correctly": Hello When i turn on the laptop it say "Automatic repair" "Your PC did not start correctly" So i've been looking online for a solution and after trying out several things i'm down to my last hope the microsoft community. It seems to be a Hard Drive problem Here you...
  10. Your PC did not start correctly

Your PC did not start correctly: Hello all, My PC was working fine over night, when i woke up this morning, it gave me the above message with automotic repair. Restarting did not work, shutting down did not work. resetting the PC with all the options gave me Could not Reset errors. Startup repair could not...