Windows 10: Your PC has ran into a problem

Discus and support Your PC has ran into a problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hiya guys, Not sure if you can help me figure this out. For some time now, I've been having some issues with my copy of Windows 10 Pro. Not sure if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CallMeDepravity, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Your PC has ran into a problem

Hiya guys,

Not sure if you can help me figure this out. For some time now, I've been having some issues with my copy of Windows 10 Pro. Not sure if it matters, but I bought the key and installed it through the instructions as it's a lot cheaper.

When I log in and start using my machine, I get the message 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart'. Event viewer and system reliability don't seem to give any useful info. And when it restarts on its own, it doesn't seem to be able to the the OS unless you do a hard restart.

My boot drive is a Samsung 970 EVO and after feeling it during one of these incidents, its not even warm. My case has pretty good airflow and nothing really gets hot. I'm currently running an sfc scan, but it seems to be stuck at 38%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

CallMeDepravity, Nov 13, 2018

2. Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 13, 2018
  3. PC ran into a problem

Hi Argel,

• The stop code error began within this past week
    • I have an HP laptop and just updated the Bios
    • It's happening once a day
    • What I'm getting is a blue screen that first shows the sad face Your PC has ran into a problem :( followed by: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you."
    • Then it states "If you call a support person, give them this info:" which is what I typed above.

LawrenceIben, Nov 13, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Your PC has ran into a problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Your PC has ran into a problem

1. Your PC has ran into a problem - Similar Threads - has ran problem

2. Your PC ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC ran into a problem...: I have currently run into a big problem today. “Your PC ran into a problem and needs a restart.” stop code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED I have done a little bit of research on different forums looking for answers, starting off with safe mode, which did not work....
  3. Your PC ran into a problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your PC ran into a problem: Guys, I got the blue screen showing YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM. I can't use command prompt because A and S keys in my Keyboard aren't working. I don't have a windows Installation pendrive or something either. Please help me find another way. I'm on windows 10 and I updated...
  4. Your PC ran into an error problem.

Your PC ran into an error problem.: So windows had installed some cumulative updates and wanted to restart. My laptop was on 2004 since last month. I chose to restart and kept on getting this error. Now on trouble shooting I chose to uninstall the last feature update thinking that's what caused it. Now I'm back...
  5. your pc ran into problem

in Windows 10 Support
    your pc ran into problem: this happens once a week on my dad laptop which is 7 years old this started 2 months ago why this happens and how can i avoid it is this software problem or hardware 161557
  6. Showing,your pc ran into a problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Showing,your pc ran into a problem: Showing ,your pc ran into a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showingyour-pc-ran-into-a-problem/c6c74d4d-0664-49e9-a59c-def63c99caf6
  7. Your pc ran in to a problem

Your pc ran in to a problem: Hello, ive been using windows 10 since about 2 years and yesterday things were fine but today when i started it out said your pc ran in to a problem..... In morning i dont remember what exactly it said but it was a code that said something about error. I searched on the...
  8. "Your pc ran into a problem.."

"Your pc ran into a problem..": I know what caused this but I don't know how to fix. I basically used realtek hd for my headphones when it was not compatible. It asked for a restart and this keeps on going after that. I tried youtube videos for 5 hrs now and still none of them worked. Any help would be...
  9. your pc ran into problems errors

your pc ran into problems errors: so basically i did a reset on my pc then after it was on a automatic repair loop even if i turn the computer off it will go on the automatic repair then it puts me on the blue thing the troubleshoot and reset thing i tried everything and it dont work after i tried a step and...
  10. Your PC ran into a problem

Your PC ran into a problem: Recently I went to shut down my computer, and while doing so I got the blue screen of death. after getting stuck on the blue screen I held down the power button until my computer shut off. I then booted into safe mode and attempted to restore my computer to the last time it...