Windows 10: your pc is at risk update

Discus and support your pc is at risk update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! This is Ronnie and I bought a new laptop on Christmas. I have been getting the "Your Pc is at risk" pop up and that I need to update it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ron_757, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Ron_757 Win User

your pc is at risk update

Hello! This is Ronnie and I bought a new laptop on Christmas. I have been getting the "Your Pc is at risk" pop up and that I need to update it. However, when I pressed update, I waited till it finished and then it returned to 0%. Later on I kept it for the whole night and then when I woke up it supposedly finished, but today it came back and I waited for it to finish again but when it did it returned to 0% again. I need your help.

:)

Ron_757, Dec 28, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 28, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond your pc is at risk update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2018
  4. your pc is at risk update

pc at risk

the pc is showing in windows defender PC Status At risk how to make pc health

samarthsawhney, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

your pc is at risk update

1. your pc is at risk update - Similar Threads - risk update

2. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...: It is pretty sad that a company with lots and lots of money and assets would use security updates as levrage to force users to update to Windows 11. As it is I would have to possibly spend a small fortune of which I don't have just to make hardware upgrades in order to meet...
  3. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...: It is pretty sad that a company with lots and lots of money and assets would use security updates as levrage to force users to update to Windows 11. As it is I would have to possibly spend a small fortune of which I don't have just to make hardware upgrades in order to meet...
  4. Why is Windows willing to put system security updates at risk for those who are not able to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk: I cannot get seven Microsoft and Windows apps to update. According to Norton, it is putting my computer at risk. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-microsoft-apps-to-update-and-norton/8be34a20-6964-4055-8e7c-3c64aa245136
  6. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk: I cannot get seven Microsoft and Windows apps to update. According to Norton, it is putting my computer at risk. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-microsoft-apps-to-update-and-norton/8be34a20-6964-4055-8e7c-3c64aa245136
  7. I cannot get Microsoft apps to update and Norton claims its putting my computer at risk

8. My Windows 10 will not install the 20H2 update & Also displays Security Risk

My Windows 10 will not install the 20H2 update & Also displays Security Risk: It is now June 2021I found this thread here that Addresses my problem but the thread was locked 1 month ago so i cannot add my feedback to the Flames of this huge bonfireHere is what other people are saying:My Windows 10 Version 20H2 will not install the update 0x80004005. -...
  9. Risks of shutting down my PC while Windows is updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Risks of shutting down my PC while Windows is updating: Windows kept bothering me about updating it, so I thought I'd update it while I was getting lunch. 45 minutes later and it's at 4%. I really need to use my computer right now and I was wondering if shutting the PC down while it's updating could kill it? It's pretty urgent and...
  10. What is the risk of updating Macrium & it fail to restore prev image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What is the risk of updating Macrium & it fail to restore prev image?: Running: Windows 10 Pro - Version 2004 Hi Everyone! I want to update my registered Macrium Reflect every time it tells me it's available, but I get nervous that it will fail to work with my previously created Macrium Reflect image (of an 8TB drive that I have imaged, a...