Windows 10: Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

Discus and support Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up. 1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dan33185, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Dan33185 Win User

Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device

Hello,
    Tonight I did a Windows Update and somehow something got screwed up.

1. When I start my computer, I get the BIOS cannot be updated message, but it will continue to load to the desktop eventually.

2. Once I get to the desktop, I see the following message:

Your pc needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: system firmware

I've restarted multiple times and still see the same message. Going into Device Manager > Firmware > System Firmware, I see a yellow exclamation point. Right clicking on System Firmware brings me to the "general" tab, which says:

The "firmware" tab says:

I've tried to disable and re-enable System Firmware, I've done a system restore to before the updates, I've ran troubleshooter (which detects the issue but is unable to fix it).

I have a feeling the BIOS issue and the System Firmware issue are related, but have no idea how to fix them. Any ideas?

Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device [​IMG]

:)

Dan33185, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 15, 2020
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 15, 2020
  4. witefoda Win User

finish setting up my device after restart but not re-open apps

I noticed after Windows 10 restart when I'd left my apps open that they re-opened... which I don't want. (side-note: I usually close them first due to weird issues in Windows 7, but I noticed that I'm not having that issue in 10 now)

I found the toggle for the setting in Settings > Accounts > Sign-in > Privacy in "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart".

However, I want Windows to automatically finish setting up my device after update or restart, but I don't want it to open up apps that were open when I rebooted or shut down (unless it's required for the update).

Am I misunderstanding what "finish setting up my device" means? I thought it meant: "after an update, when it prompts me to reboot, it'll finish the update all by itself". Well, I want the update to finish automatically without it being tied to re-opening apps I had open before a restart that have nothing to do with the update.

witefoda, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device - Similar Threads - needs restarted finish

2. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  3. your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your computer needs to restart to finish setting up this device: I've searched the issue on online, none of available solution worked and I just gone ahead and uninstall the latest installed firmware and get rid of...
  4. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  5. Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...

Notification from settings: "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this...: Recently I've been having a problem with my graphics drivers. Windows 10 keeps telling me to restart my computer to finish installing a device "Pci Bus". Whenever it decides to do this, my AMD Adrenalin installation breaks and produces the pa-300 error code, preventing me...
  6. "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus": This all started when i updated the drivers for my graphics card to AMD:Adrenalin. It was fine at the start but when the next day came i saw *it* on my notifications, "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus". Since it was early i decided to...
  7. "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus"

"Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus": This all started when i updated the drivers for my graphics card to AMD:Adrenalin. It was fine at the start but when the next day came i saw *it* on my notifications, "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus". Since it was early i decided to...
  8. "Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: Pci bus"

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Restart Required: Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restart Required: Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up devices: [ATTACH] Whenever I start my laptop I get the same notification that your PC needs to restart to finish setting up devices. I have restarted numerous times. Windows is updated regularly. Windows update troubleshooter shows no problem. I have contacted Customer Care...
  10. [Restart Required] Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: System...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Restart Required] Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device: System...: [ATTACH] Please anyone can help me to fix this issue, if i restarted my device, it require an AC Adapter which i don't have to continue the process. please i need help to fix it without AC Adapter my device is asus...