Windows 10: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

Discus and support "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is an intermittent problem, and never occurred with Windows 7. When I receive this error and reboot, my computer will usually not post. Repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by socklosk, Dec 1, 2015.

1. socklosk Win User

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

This is an intermittent problem, and never occurred with Windows 7. When I receive this error and reboot, my computer will usually not post. Repeatedly resetting the start button (about 50 to 100 times) will eventually allow the computer to boot, and all is well for a month or two. The computer fans usually work when it happens, but I get no power to the black monitor screen. Removing the battery to reset the bios does nothing.

No memory errors, and I tried using a different set of memory from a different manufacturer. I also tried replacing the motherboard and PSU, Disconnecting the drives and USB devices does nothing, nor does moving the memory to a different channel.

My system is a Gigabyte H97 motherboard with i5 Intel CPU. The CPU is the only thing I have not tried replacing.

Windows 10 was a clean install, and I do not have any errors using the sfc /scannow command. Virus and malware scans do not find anything.

:)

socklosk, Dec 1, 2015

2. your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then you can restart

How do you fix this error with a blue screen and "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" :( this symbol

your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then you can restart.

Please let us know how we can fix it.

Thank you.

AbdellazeezMohammed, Dec 1, 2015
  3. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you.

Hello,

This error commonly occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.
    When you experience this type of error, you won't be able to see things like the Start menu or the taskbar on the screen when your PC is turned on. Instead you might see a blue screen with a message that your PC ran into a problem and needs to
    restart. To troubleshoot this error, we recommend performing the steps in this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Dec 1, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Your problem is one isolated case so I would not put a blame on Windows 10. One of the followings might be the problem:
    • BIOS is corrupted. Check if you have an update version or re-flash the BIOS.
    • Cable connecting from MB to HD might be loose. Try another cable.
    • Download CrystalDiskInfo6_3_2.zip and run to make sure that your HD is in good health.

topgundcp, Dec 1, 2015
  5. socklosk Win User
    The drives are healthy, and I reseated the cables several times. The BIOS was upgraded, and all drivers have been updated.

I do not think its all Windows 10 fault, but an interaction between the OS and some piece of hardware. Again, I ran the same computer for about 8 months with Windows 7 and it never crashed.

socklosk, Dec 1, 2015
  6. robc57 Win User
    Turned out to be a BIOS Virus that infected my Gigabyte motherboard. If you flashed the BIOS, but then booted with the same hard drive, it would reinfect the BIOS.

What I did -> flashed BIOS from USB using MB Q-Flash utility. Installed a different HDD and reinstalled OS = everything works fine. However, when I tried to put the original HDD back into the box as a 2nd or 3rd drive (to get to data), the error immediately returned and I did a non-graceful shutdown (pull the plug) before the reboot. Remove the infected drive and all is OK again. I verified this with 2 different Gigabyte MBs (H87 and Z97).

If I place the infected HDD into a Win 10 Dell as the 2nd drive there is no problem. Will get data off from that machine, low-level the drive, and see if then it can go back into Gigabyte machine.

Hope this helps you ... I spent the better part of 4 days figuring this one out *Sad

robc57, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" - Similar Threads - ran problem needs

2. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. First, a venting exercise to no one in particular. Er, is Bill Gates around? =.=.=.=.=.=.=. START OF VENTING =.=.=.=.=.=.= I see hundreds of posts for this issue. Few seem to be marked as answered. I was...
  3. "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart": I went to boot up my computer as always and saw I had an update at the bottom right. Updated my computer and when I restarted o started watching goodfellas on netflix. I don't think I had any apps open other than chrome and discord and after maybe 30 minutes of watching, my...
  4. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: Hello! Today as I tried to launch my Laptop Acer Predator Helios 300, Windows 10 occurred a problem. Initially it said “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart” and then went through a diagnosing action and froze out at “Preparing Automatic Repair” black screen with...
  5. "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart.."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart..": I don't know why this happens to my pc frequently. I was reading a pdf and suddenly a blue colored screen with this above typing appears. It made me wait till it finished the restart. I have an online exam in the coming days and I am really worried that this could happen...
  6. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.: Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone got this windows 10 error of: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart it for you. If you call a support person, give them this info. Stop code: PAGE FAULT IN...
  7. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.: So I have a lenovo z51-70 laptop 16 GB of ram and r9 m375 amd graphic card. So one day My laptop's fan was loud that was because it is scratching into something so when this happens usually I give it a weak slap on the keyboard or I open the cover from downside and randomly...
  8. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart...

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart...: Why do I keep getting "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error... I preformed the advance troubleshoot and it didn't work for me....
  9. :( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart

:( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart: I have a problem since when I started to use the new graphic gtx 750ti i have a problem i'm showing up Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart stop code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA while I used the integrated I did not have this problem, and I noticed that we are it...
  10. "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart"

"Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart": The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x00000000, 0x00000501, 0x00000500, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f1d94767-a34a-414f-a8b0-b616cc772393. 67425