Windows 10: YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

Discus and support YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by needlenoses, Nov 11, 2019.

1. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected.
    What to do!!! Is there a way to give the PC the new cell number ( just guessing ). I can send out texts to any cell but cnat link to mine.

A bit lost here; please help. Will try to uninstall it all while waiting. Thanks.

version # 18362.418

:)

needlenoses, Nov 11, 2019
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Nov 11, 2019
  3. California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Nov 11, 2019
  4. mastailey Win User

YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

First Cell Phone

Thinking about getting a smartphone. I'm 52 and this is my first cell phone. Looking at the Samsung Focus. Any suggestions?

mastailey, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

1. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell - Similar Threads - PHONE Samsung Cell

2. Can't add Cell Phone To Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add Cell Phone To Account: To verify my ID when signing in to my MS account it asks to send a code to my email address or my land line phone. When I try to add my cell phone number to my Contact profile, it states that number is already taken. Also, I do not see even my land line number listed. I do...
  3. Transfer from PC to Cell Phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from PC to Cell Phone: I cannot figure out how to transfer individual documents, pictures, etc to my cell phone. Pc to cell. I found an easy way to do it using file explorer, highlight the document, click copy but my Lg Android is no longer listed in the drop-down menu. My phone is connected to...
  4. transfer documents, recipes etc. to cell phone

transfer documents, recipes etc. to cell phone: I found a while back an easy way to transfer documents, recipes, and pictures from my Pc to my LG android Phonix 4 using file explorer. I have forgotten how to set my android up to receive the transfer to my phone and what I need to do in file explorer. Can I send multiple...
  5. Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?: When I first read this announcement about phone mirroring, I was very excited. Actually I am very excited about Your Phone app in general. When it first was released and ш could not even set it up with my phone, I still gave it 5 stars, because of the idea. I know it will...
  6. Surface 3 thinks it's a cell phone

Surface 3 thinks it's a cell phone: At one time in the past, I made some changes to my Surface 3 running Win 10 to make it think it's my Android phone. (I followed some very detailed, technical instructions, maybe even using RegEdit?) I think I did this to be able to load and run an Android app from Google...
  7. Getting Info From a Cell Phone

Getting Info From a Cell Phone: I have a Samsung Android Note 8. I'm looking for a FREE program that will allow me to download my phone contacts list to my computer for printing and backup. I'm trying to avoid having to hand copy the list and make it easier to update my backup as I add/subtract contacts....
  8. Cell phone USB connection issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cell phone USB connection issues: Hello everyone. As the title says, I'm having problems with USB connection issues between my Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone and my Acer laptop. My phone is running Android 5 and my laptop Windows 10. When I connect my phone to my laptop, it often will connect and disconnect...
  9. ? mysterious cell phone in device manager ?

? mysterious cell phone in device manager ?: Hi, I'm a retired programmer but I'm a little behind on all this wireless stuff. My suburb is way out in the mountains and only about half the people own cell phones because reception is so awful. I don't own one myself. Anyway I was in Device Manager today and saw a...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437