Windows 10: YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

Discus and support YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by needlenoses, Nov 11, 2019.

1. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

Had this working last year on a different cell and number. YourPhone does not recognize the new cell. I am thinking that it is trying to link to the old one. The new cell has the APP installed and it says Your Phone And Pc Are Connected.
    What to do!!! Is there a way to give the PC the new cell number ( just guessing ). I can send out texts to any cell but cnat link to mine.

A bit lost here; please help. Will try to uninstall it all while waiting. Thanks.

version # 18362.418

:)

needlenoses, Nov 11, 2019
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Nov 11, 2019
  3. California to Ban Cell Phones/Laptops/Mobile Devices on Road

Ive almost been hit 100 times by folks talking on their damn cell phones and not paying attention. About time someone stepped up and did something.

WarEagleAU, Nov 11, 2019
  4. mastailey Win User

YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

First Cell Phone

Thinking about getting a smartphone. I'm 52 and this is my first cell phone. Looking at the Samsung Focus. Any suggestions?

mastailey, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell

1. YOUR PHONE and a Samsung Cell - Similar Threads - PHONE Samsung Cell

2. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  3. Cell phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cell phone: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number But have have all the info it needs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cell-phone/67a833de-74e1-4e7a-a605-51d7199ba0df
  4. Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions: Where is the "cache" for this app stored. In the phone or in the Your Phone app? I have a Samsung Note 20 phone and Windows 11 PC. I successfully linked my phone to the "Your Phone" app and it works as expected except for two things. At one point I had a Samsung holiday theme...
  5. Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions

Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions: Where is the "cache" for this app stored. In the phone or in the Your Phone app? I have a Samsung Note 20 phone and Windows 11 PC. I successfully linked my phone to the "Your Phone" app and it works as expected except for two things. At one point I had a Samsung holiday theme...
  6. Your phone app with Samsung tab A

Your phone app with Samsung tab A: I have a Samsung Tab A and am trying to connect it to my PC but I can't get past the page 'Please open Your phone companion ad sign in with...' on the PC and on the tablet ' Check your PC etc' Any ideas?...
  7. Help linking Samsung to Your Phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help linking Samsung to Your Phone: [ATTACH] I am having great difficulty trying to get this Your Phone to work. I am trying to link my Note 20 to the Your Phone app, but no matter what I do when I open the app on Windows I get the error that it cant connect. I have tried everything from resetting the app,...
  8. Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nimraynn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i50bbs/your_phone_will_not_connect_to_samsung_s10/
  9. Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?

Your Phone Mirroring feature on none Samsung phones?: When I first read this announcement about phone mirroring, I was very excited. Actually I am very excited about Your Phone app in general. When it first was released and ш could not even set it up with my phone, I still gave it 5 stars, because of the idea. I know it will...
  10. Cell phone integration

in Windows 10 Support
    Cell phone integration: Is there any way to get cell phone apps working from within Windows? Example: would like to use PC keyboard to type messages in WhatsApp. TIA 59437