Windows 10: Your Phone app adding wrong country code prefix

Discus and support Your Phone app adding wrong country code prefix in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, when I try to initiate phone calls from my laptop using the Your Phone app the in-app dialer adds wrong country code prefix and actually makes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AZhukov, Feb 1, 2020.

1. AZhukov Win User

Your Phone app adding wrong country code prefix

Hi, when I try to initiate phone calls from my laptop using the Your Phone app the in-app dialer adds wrong country code prefix and actually makes the calls to another country. Is there any way to fix that issue?

:)

AZhukov, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Country Code

With the phone, I'm not sure. try looking in Outlook on your desktop. In my country we don't have area codes so I'm not sure how all this stuff really works. In Outlook, there's an option to add country/region code to numbers.

• In Contacts, on the Actions menu, point to Call Contact, and then click
      New Call.
    • Click Dialing Options.
    • Select the Automatically add country/region code to local phone numbers check box.
      The country/region code added is for the selection in the Country/region list on the
      General tab of the Edit Location dialog box (in the New Call dialog box, click
      Dialing Properties, and then click Edit).
    Note If the Automatically add country/region code to local phone numbers check box is not available, Microsoft Outlook doesn't recognize the phone number format for the specified country code and cannot automatically format phone numbers.

Hope this helps.

Linley Meslier, Feb 1, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

Can we have more prefix options in the B/S/T/G Forum?

I have noticed there are (IMO) quite limited options for prefixes for B/S/T/G threads.
    I think it would be good to have a double prefix version. Something like this:

Your Phone app adding wrong country code prefix bstgidea.jpg

(Ones in list are just of the top of my head)

So you choose the type of thread, followed by your country code

What do people think?

*Toast :toast:

alexp999, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Your Phone app adding wrong country code prefix - Similar Threads - Phone app adding

2. Using Phone Link and country codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Phone Link and country codes: When I attempt to send a message in Phone Link it doesn't permit me to type in a ten digit number without going to my contact list in Google. When a contact is pulled up it includes the country code which invalidates the call. The country code cannot be eliminated in the...
  3. Using Phone Link and country codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Phone Link and country codes: When I attempt to send a message in Phone Link it doesn't permit me to type in a ten digit number without going to my contact list in Google. When a contact is pulled up it includes the country code which invalidates the call. The country code cannot be eliminated in the...
  4. Your Phone app in Windows 10 voicemail country code issue, solution, and work around

Your Phone app in Windows 10 voicemail country code issue, solution, and work around: The "Your Phone" app in Windows 10 has an issue preventing voicemail retrieval. Most SIM service providers have a 3 digit number that connects to the user to their personal voicemail when dialed from the phone. When entering this number into the "Your Phone" app, the dialing...
  5. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  6. Error code 42 in Your Phone app

Error code 42 in Your Phone app: Hello, I am using a galaxy S10e with the Your Phone app in Windows 10 version 1909. All the functions of the app work except for the screen mirroring, which unlocks the phone screen but after that always returns error code 42. Can you help troubleshoot this? Thanks....
  7. Your Phone app

Your Phone app: When i make a call the voice came from my phone not from my surface go. I am done all setting reset and setup again and again but the issue is persist. what should i do. all notification photos, sms working properly but only voice not come from my surface go....
  8. "Microsoft Your Phone team is adding ability to sync your phone's wallpaper with the app's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Microsoft Your Phone team is adding ability to sync your phone's wallpaper with the app's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_post_tech_articles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejt2vb/microsoft_your_phone_team_is_adding_ability_to/
  9. Is the Your Phone service available in all country markets?

Is the Your Phone service available in all country markets?: If not all countries, which ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-your-phone-service-available-in-all-country/fa0ef1b7-8b37-48cb-bddb-191d6a5e00a5
  10. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...