Windows 10: Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,

Discus and support Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions, in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I set up the "Your phone" app on my HTC U11. It connected successfully but it says it needs more permissions to show my texts, call history, and/or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoganLewis2, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,

So, I set up the "Your phone" app on my HTC U11. It connected successfully but it says it needs more permissions to show my texts, call history, and/or pictures. It had all of the permissions I can give it under, Apps > Your Phone > Permissions'. Apparently this isn't enough but the buttons that read "send permissions" and "open settings on phone" on the PC app do not open anything on the phone... Well, After digging more into it apparently there is a notification permission that the app can't request, its a "special permission". On my phone it was under "Apps & Notifications > Default apps > Special app access". I found it by searching the word "notifications" in my settings, if you cant search find and click "Apps & Notifications > Default apps > Special app access", after switching on "Your Phone" under this tab the request buttons from the PC app started working.

I'm hoping this helps someone out, it took me awhile to find and the help from Microsoft was far off and unhelpful to me. If I can help anyone else set this app up, I will try, Its very helpful when you are working and don't want to grab your phone to reply to important these or be distracted by your game apps... lol

:)

LoganLewis2, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2021
  4. clayto Win User

Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,

Your phone app not shown in background apps

At long last I am making progress getting YOUR PHONE to work again, but I am stuck at 60%. In the Troubleshooting advice it says to check that YOUR PHONE has permission to run in the background. Trouble is, Your Phone is simple NOT LISTED as an app to either disallow or allow to run in the background. It does not appear to exist! How can I deal with this?

clayto, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions,

1. Your Phone App - After set up issues, app needs permissions, - Similar Threads - Phone App set

2. Your Phone App stuck on 'Your Phone Needs the latest App'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App stuck on 'Your Phone Needs the latest App': I'm trying to setup the link between a galaxy S21 and my Win10 PC. The PC wants to text a link to my phone, and then my phone asks for a QR code. However, the PC never shows one, it stays stuck on a screen that says 'Please install the app we texted you and sign in with...
  3. Your Phone App stuck on 'Your Phone Needs the latest App'

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone App stuck on 'Your Phone Needs the latest App': I'm trying to setup the link between a galaxy S21 and my Win10 PC. The PC wants to text a link to my phone, and then my phone asks for a QR code. However, the PC never shows one, it stays stuck on a screen that says 'Please install the app we texted you and sign in with...
  4. Your Phone App stuck on 'Your Phone Needs the latest App'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issues with Your Phone app

Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  6. Issues with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Your Phone app: I've been using "Your Phone" for several months with no problems. About a month ago the app began to mark read messages as unread. I would see a large number in the bubble next to the message icon Like 8 thru 11 unread texts.All of the texts marked unread I had already opened...
  7. Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App

Microphone Issues with the Your Phone App: The Your Phone App will only use my Microphone if I start a call then switch the audio input device over and back again in the settingsvolume mixer in the system volume controls.This only works if you are in a call.Once the call finishes if you call again with the same...
  8. Your Phone App Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App Issues: Hi, I'm finding that my Your Phone app will send a text message successfully but also keeps a duplicate text in the Your Phone app window with "Sending..." that ultimately results in an error saying my message couldn't be sent. One of the two messages successfully sends...
  9. Your Phone app connection issues

Your Phone app connection issues: I have been trying to set up the Your Phone app on my desktop computer for my Pixel 2 for a while now. I cannot connect the two devices together - I am not receiving the notification for the final step of syncing them. My desktop is on ethernet no, it cannot use WiFi and I...
  10. Your phone app connection issue

Your phone app connection issue: I'm trying to connect Samsung Note 10+ to windows 10 using link to windows. It keeps getting stuck at 60% even after I've tried all troubleshooting steps. One more point, I've logged in PC with a different Microsoft account then the one I'm using to connect my phone....