Windows 10: "Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen

Discus and support "Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So on my S10+, after a few minutes of using Your Phone app on my PC, the screen on my actual phone dims to almost black I assume to save battery and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Twisticlez, Nov 7, 2020.

1. "Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen

So on my S10+, after a few minutes of using Your Phone app on my PC, the screen on my actual phone dims to almost black I assume to save battery and it's great. There is a dim message on the actual phone along the lines of "Link to Windows active, tap screen or power button to turn on phone". All good. All the time, the mirror on my PC shows my normal phone screen.

However, my shiny new Surface Duo seems to keep the screens on at their current brightness whilst connected to Your Phone. Functionality on my PC is the same, but Duo is just chewing through the battery as if I was actually using it, rather than via my PC.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? What is the expected behaviour on the Duo?

PS - calling an app Your Phone makes for crappy and overwhelming search results when searching for a related issue!

:)

Twisticlez, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app

Source: Phone screen supported devices - Microsoft Community

Download:

Brink, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

"Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen

Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app Mobile

Source: Phone screen supported devices - Microsoft Community

Download:

Brink, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

"Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen

1. "Your Phone" app and dimming phone screen - Similar Threads - Phone app dimming

2. Your Phone App - open phone screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App - open phone screen: HiI am unable to open the phone screen in windows 10 but no success.It all perfectly works on my laptop with windows 10 home but not so on my desktop with windows 10 pro.There is no errror message, the android phone reacts with waking up the screen, but the PC after shortly...
  3. Your Phone App - open phone screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App - open phone screen: HiI am unable to open the phone screen in windows 10 but no success.It all perfectly works on my laptop with windows 10 home but not so on my desktop with windows 10 pro.There is no errror message, the android phone reacts with waking up the screen, but the PC after shortly...
  4. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  5. Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app

Unable to open phone screen on Your Phone app: I am unable to access my phone screen on the Your Phone app, though my PC and phone are on the same network. My PC is connected to the same network as my phone, but through LAN. Is this what's causing the problem?...
  6. Your Phone App: Poor Phone Screen Quality

Your Phone App: Poor Phone Screen Quality: When displaying my phone screen with the Phone Screen feature, in the Your Phone application, the image quality displayed of my phone screen, is very poor quality. My graphics settings on my PC are set for maximum quality, and I tried modifying those settings specifically for...
  7. Change phone on Your Phone app

Change phone on Your Phone app: Hello, how do you switch devices on the Windows Your Phone App? I have seen the answer to someone that asked the same question but looks like the menus and user interface has changed on the Windows Your Phone App since then....
  8. Your Phone App Phone Screen option not available

Your Phone App Phone Screen option not available: Surface Book2 15 Insider build 19582.1001 Your Phone app 1.20022.81.0 Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 9 Pie Your Phone app 1.20022.117.0 I am not seeing the "Phone Screen" settings in the Windows Your Phone App settings. I have notifications, messages, photos, and calls...
  9. change phone on your phone app.

change phone on your phone app.: I want to change the device on your phone app on windows please assist me with that. I would be highly obliged if you will email me personally on my email (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). Thanks Devyansh...
  10. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...