Windows 10: Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18

Discus and support Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmekt2/your_phone_app_cant_connect_after_updating_to_one/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DMGLMGMLG, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18

/u/DMGLMGMLG, Jul 6, 2020
  2. ITM
    itm Win User

"Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it.
    Now the Your Phone app won't connect to my phone - it says: "We can't connect to your phone. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the internet".
    The name of my phone (V20) is still displayed in the top left corner of the app Window. Both PC and phone are connected to the internet (via the same router). I have tried:
    - Uninstalling and re-installing the Android app (and re-adding the necessary app permissions)
    - Resetting the Your Phone PC app
    The Android app says "Check your PC", and tells me to select "Send notification", but that option isn't available anywhere in the PC app that I can see.
    Can anyone advise on how I can get re-connected to my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

...one step forward...one step back...after another re-installation of the Android app I was able to get as far as sending a notification from the PC app, and selected "Allow" when the notification came up on the phone. Now the phone says "Your phone and PC are linked", but the PC app still says "We can't connect to your phone"
    ????

3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Mark_W. Win User

Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18

update error code 801812CB

Hello ShawnWilliams:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your update error. At this point, I will provide some basic troubleshooting and request more information. There is no documentation or mention of this specific error by other customers. Please verify the following:

• What is the exact error code and message included?
    • Where do you receive this error, on the PC, on the phone, in the Zune software, etc...?
    • What is the current OS running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info?
    • What is the OS running on your PC?

As for general troubleshooting, try the steps in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?wa=wsignin1.0
    . As there is no mention of your error code I do suggest you review all the steps in this article. I would start with the steps for error code 801812C1 as this is the closest code I could find to the
    one posted.

If you continue to have this error after trying the above steps, please attempt the update from another PC connected to a different network. If you can we would also suggest you use another sync cable.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18

1. Your Phone app can't connect after updating to One UI 2.1? Error code: 18 - Similar Threads - Phone app can't

2. I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect my phone with Your Phone app: Hello! I want to connect my phone to my PC again. This time it is not working. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/11617fb9-cc6c-489e-ae76-4b0b36133b47
  3. "Your Phone Connection" app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "Your Phone Connection" app: - I can't uninstall the app Your Phone Connection, nor can I disable it or stop it from functioning. I've turned off all permissions and clicked "force stop'' on the phone. This malware interrupts my online classes even when I have my phone on silent. Whoever heard of an App...
  4. Your Phone App, more than one phone connect failed

Your Phone App, more than one phone connect failed: About Your Phone Windows Pro 10 app Can connect more than one phone? Phone Android 10 connected but Another phone different phone number, Android 7.0, i tried connect but Not make it? How connect the second phone?...
  5. I can't connect my phone with your phone app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't connect my phone with your phone app: I am not able to connect with your phone app give me some solution to connect with your phone companion app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-connect-my-phone-with-your-phone-app/87061088-baab-4ba9-a075-ae45caca3bbe
  6. I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't connect to my phone in YOUR PHONE app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sumankr60 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5hlmq/i_cant_connect_to_my_phone_in_your_phone_app/
  7. Your Phone Companion App Can't Stream Phone Screen Error Code: 52

Your Phone Companion App Can't Stream Phone Screen Error Code: 52: My phone screen previously worked with the Your Phone Companion app on my computer but as of recently I can't get it to connect my screen anymore. Texting and photos are still normal. I still receive the popup notification on my phone to allow streaming. I've tried all of the...
  8. Error code 42 in Your Phone app

Error code 42 in Your Phone app: Hello, I am using a galaxy S10e with the Your Phone app in Windows 10 version 1909. All the functions of the app work except for the screen mirroring, which unlocks the phone screen but after that always returns error code 42. Can you help troubleshoot this? Thanks....
  9. your phone app not connecting

your phone app not connecting: have your phone app installed , messaging works well - however the dialer part rarely connects and when trying to reconnect it states it cant .. although it is at least for text purposes ....
  10. Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer

Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer: I can't connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) with my Windows 10 laptop. Both are up to date. I've tried reinstalling the phone app, clearing the cache and data for the phone app and resetting the desktop app. I've tried unlinking and relinking my phone to my Microsoft...