Windows 10: Your Phone app crashing at start

Discus and support Your Phone app crashing at start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "Your Phone" app is crashing at startup. I've tried the... Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bpleat, Dec 6, 2020.

1. bpleat Win User

Your Phone app crashing at start

The "Your Phone" app is crashing at startup.

I've tried the...

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}
    ... idea.

That gives only errors for where .Net is newer or some other apps are still running, nothing significant.

The usual DISM series didn't help.

No bad sectors, did a full chkdsk.

Resetting Windows on this computer is NOT an option and is truly an idiotic suggestion anyway for a single app, implies Windows is poorly designed, Windows Store and Your Phone are unrelated to core Windows.

Terminated the app.

Repaired the app

Reset the the app.

Won't let me uninstall - the option is grayed out.

What else can I try here?

Ver: 10.0.17763.1613

All current Updates including optional.

:)

bpleat, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 6, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Your Phone app crashes on sign-in

Hi, that's interesting- read another post about this app not working for 3 days this evening..

Can you post the version of the app- might see it in Store, downloads list:

Your Phone app crashing at start [​IMG]

Does a system restore point help?

What is your full Windows build- the forum prompted you for this...?

dalchina, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Your Phone app crashing at start - Similar Threads - Phone app crashing

2. Your phone app crashes computer in BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app crashes computer in BSOD: Hello, I have windows 10 laptop where I use Your phone app, though sometimes when I call or receive call on my mobile phone I do not call through pc computer crashes in BSOD, this happens more often when I make call and hung up quickly after....
  3. Your phone app crashes computer in BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app crashes computer in BSOD: Hello, I have windows 10 laptop where I use Your phone app, though sometimes when I call or receive call on my mobile phone I do not call through pc computer crashes in BSOD, this happens more often when I make call and hung up quickly after....
  4. Your phone app won't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your phone app won't start: Hi, I am trying to configure the app on your phone, but this is what happens when I open it and nothing else happens. Some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-wont-start/3f9bd1a7-e38b-4b0d-8258-d471f0cc4d6b
  5. Your Phone App Crashes

Your Phone App Crashes: Can anyone help? My Your Phone app crashes as soon as I open it. I am running Windows 10 and installed the latest update today. I have tried Repair, Refresh, rebooting the computer and uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I also ran the microsoft store troubleshooter - it...
  6. "Your Phone" app crashes on launch

"Your Phone" app crashes on launch: This is a newish problem. Whenever I launch Your Phone it crashes after a few seconds. Everything's up to date, I've tried repair/reset, scanfix. No, I'm not going to re-install windows. You know what's funny? The only apps that tend to crash on my machine are Windows 10...
  7. The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes

The "Your Phone" App on Windows 10 crashes: I've seen this question asked in 2019 but it was locked and left unanswered. I've just installed "Your Phone" app in Windows and on my Samsung S8+, which the other user also had. The Windows app appears fine on the taskbar with notification numbers. If I right click and...
  8. Your Phone app crashes on sign-in

Your Phone app crashes on sign-in: Hey everyone. I loved using the My Phone app, but since it updated recently it no longer works after I select "Android" and then am prompted to sign into my Microsoft account. It just crashes and closes after I click it. I think it has something to do with the fact that I've...
  9. Your Phone app crashes on sign-in

in Windows 10 Support
    Your Phone app crashes on sign-in: Hey everyone. I loved using the My Phone app, but since it updated recently it no longer works after I select "Android" and then am prompted to sign into my Microsoft account. It just crashes and closes after I click it. I think it has something to do with the fact that I've...
  10. your phone app not starting

your phone app not starting: ok so lets start. i have got a windows 10 pro with the version 1909. Recently i tried the my phone app. On my phone it works i have got a huawei p10 lite. On my pc however, the app its not starting. It has been like in the image below since i opened it. I dont know what to...