Windows 10: Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more

Discus and support Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a iPhone 11 Pro but it does not sync phone calls and more I don't know why after I syncthere was no button but "Settings" can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pongkhun P., Aug 16, 2020.

1. Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more

I had a iPhone 11 Pro but it does not sync phone calls and more I don't know why after I syncthere was no button but "Settings" can you help me?

:)

Pongkhun P., Aug 16, 2020

2. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 16, 2020
  3. vivitree Win User
    My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more

Sync Contacts

Hi Ken, thanks for responding and confirming a few things for me.
    I wish I had talked to you a long time ago.

When I went into my gmail contacts, I had about 10 differently dated imported "groups" that I had no Idea where they came from and were responsible for mess there (the "My Contacts" group list had almost 800 contacts, when there should have only been around 400) as well as in my phone (Galaxy s6)
    contacts.

I paid the price for failing to learn at least the fundamentals of managing gmail/yahoo contacts until now. I had to manually edit that awful mess. Merging duplicates doesn't help much.

That's the way I will approach it, since you can set up your phone to single out which gmail account will sync contacts on the phone.

My main obstacle was finding a way to coordinate/sync my local computer contact list and my phone contact list. You can't export the android list and directly import it into the computer list. Now I can do it easily by utilizing gmail as a middleman to create a backup of my android phone list that is compatible for importing into my local contacts.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more

1. Your Phone app doesnt let me sync the photos calls contacts and more - Similar Threads - Phone app doesnt

2. Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling: Hello,I ran into an issue that the name of contact or a phone number if it is unfamilliar number is not shown in notification, all it says "phone number is hidden" in Russian attached is the screenshot. All my contacts are synced and after I accpet the phone call in a list of...
  3. Calls through Your Phone app

Calls through Your Phone app: Hello, I would like to use Your Phone app to make phone calls from the laptop. Does the phone that I linked to the laptop needs to have credit in it in order to make the call from the laptop? or it just needs a sim card. thank you...
  4. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Your Phone app gets new Contacts, Sent from phone, and more features

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app gets new Contacts, Sent from phone, and more features: Let's go back to the "Your Phone" app, the app made in Microsoft that allows you to manage all the features of your smartphone (Android or iOS) directly from your Windows 10 PC. Several new features have been introduced in recent months (including the ability to use Android...
  6. YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING

YOUR PHONE APP NOT SYNCING: I am not able to connect with the your phone app on my PC even if I am on safe network ad have same account running..I have been waiting for hours [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-syncing/44ae1af7-d63a-4c50-8657-06bb9cd1d96f
  7. Your Phone App forcing calls to phone

Your Phone App forcing calls to phone: When connected to Your Phone, all features work except the calls on PC. When I dial a phone number on the PC app, it forces the call to the phone and not through the PC. Any ideas?...
  8. Your Phone App Call Notifications

Your Phone App Call Notifications: Since the recent upgrade to the your phone app, every time someone calls me a notification pops up on my windows 10 screen and READS the calling number out. This happens even if windows 10 is in "focus mode," regardless of the time of day or night, regardless of if I am in a...
  9. Your Phone app and calls

Your Phone app and calls: I have a Surface laptop 1st gen purchased Sep 2018, W10 Pro 1909, 18363.592 and a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. The my phone apps works fine except there is no "call" feature in the left hand menu. I thought the feature had been released. Thanks in advance....
  10. Your Phone App & Calls

Your Phone App & Calls: I cannot get phone call functionality on the Your Phone app. I am using a Dell XPS laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. The devices pair together fine via Bluetooth, but I get a message that other apps are preventing calls from working. I have tried all of the...