Windows 10: Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone

Discus and support Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The app is working just fine, except I can not bring it to play the sound on my PC. It's very annoying if you play games on a big screen but the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ferenc Szabó, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone

The app is working just fine, except I can not bring it to play the sound on my PC.
    It's very annoying if you play games on a big screen but the sound comes still from the phone.

Phone: Samsung A51
    PC: Dell Inspirion 2014

:)

Ferenc Szabó, Aug 7, 2020

2. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Aug 7, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone

Your Phone app not working

The "Your Phone" app is working perfectly for me.

@Ztruker, if you're trying to re-link the phone after doing a clean install, view your Microsoft Account online; under Devices click on Manage; if your phone is listed click Show details; click the More actions link (next to the device icon) and click Unlink this phone. Now start the Your Phone process again and see what happens.

Had to do this to get my phone linked again. And yes, the link process can be dodgy at times.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone

1. Your Phone app doesn't play sound from linked phone - Similar Threads - Phone app doesn't

2. Phone Link app doesn't show apps from my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app doesn't show apps from my phone: It seems that I have the prerequisites that are listed in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/setting-up-apps-in-the-phone-link-app-743dc9c6-d9db-8f64-763d-8b64cb401a5dAlthough everyting works fine for syncing notifications, photos, messages, the Android apps...
  3. Phone Link app doesn't show apps from my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link app doesn't show apps from my phone: It seems that I have the prerequisites that are listed in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/setting-up-apps-in-the-phone-link-app-743dc9c6-d9db-8f64-763d-8b64cb401a5dAlthough everyting works fine for syncing notifications, photos, messages, the Android apps...
  4. Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds: Hi,I find it strange that I have to download a separate third party software in order to hear the sounds played in an app on my phone that I've successfully connected to using Phone Link. Essentially I have a baby monitor app on my android that is only available on...
  5. Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds

Phone Link App does not play in-app sounds: Hi,I find it strange that I have to download a separate third party software in order to hear the sounds played in an app on my phone that I've successfully connected to using Phone Link. Essentially I have a baby monitor app on my android that is only available on...
  6. Your Phone sound not playing

Your Phone sound not playing: Hello, I am using the Your Phone app linked to my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and when I use something with audio music, apps, videos, and even calls using the Your Phone interface, the sound still plays on my device instead of on my PC. That sort of defeats the purpose of trying...
  7. No Sound On Your Phone App

No Sound On Your Phone App: Hello. I have installed the Your Phone App on my Surface Go but I can't get the sound to work. I can make a phone call on my Surface and the person I was calling could hear me but I could not hear her. Also when I try and play other audio in other apps on my phone on my...
  8. Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone

Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone: Your Phone app doesn't show audio currently playing from my phone. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-doesnt-show-audio-currently-playing/cc71331b-25f2-41df-b9ba-dcb3f4e911b5
  9. Linking Your phone app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking Your phone app: I'm trying to link my Android phone to my computer using the Your Phone app. It tells me to send a notification to my phone by clicking "send notification" on my computer but nothing ever comes through to my phone. I've done this over eight times. Please help!...
  10. DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS

DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS: Hi, my old phone is linked up with Your Phone apps in windows 10. I want to add another phone in this app but I can't disconnect my old phone from Your Phone apps. please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance....