Windows 10: Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name

Discus and support Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, i have a problem with the "Your Phone" app on Windows 10. Whenever a call is coming in, the notification popup in Windows doesnt show a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan2C, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Dan2C Win User

Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name

Hey there,

i have a problem with the "Your Phone" app on Windows 10. Whenever a call is coming in, the notification popup in Windows doesnt show a number or name ID of the Caller. Instead it shows "Unknown". But on my phone's screen the name is displayed correctly. Also in the caller-log of the Windows app it shows the names, but not just when the call is happening.

Im on the latest Windows 10 64 bit update and use the latest version of the app. My Phone is an Asus Zenfone Pro M1 with Android 9.

Any ideas what could be the problem, please?

Thanks!

:)

Dan2C, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Maria K' Win User

Incoming calls show the number of the dialer but not the name.

Hello johtpgc.

Thank you for contributing in the community.

If I have got you right your phone does not show incoming caller's name.

Have you tried to save that number again? Just pick it from the call list and Save as new contact or update existing.

If it doesn not help, reboot your phone and see what will happen then.

Please let us know if it will help or not.

Regards,

Maria

Maria K', Oct 5, 2020
  3. my phone doesn't show incoming numbers..

hi,
    i am an owner of lumia 720....suddenly from today morning every incoming call started showing as " Unknown" regardless of whether the caller is in my contact list or not.....it doesn't show neither the number nor the name....my contact list is fine
    showing everything as before...incoming messages are showing name and number..trying to call back the incoming number i.e. the "unknown" is unsuccessful as number shows in dull brightness and selecting it only shows delete option....i have both soft and hard
    restarted the phone...i have filtered my contacts showing only hotmail contacts....i have synchronized microsoft contacts.....nothing worked.....

bikramdeka, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name

Incoming calls show the number of the dialer but not the name.

I read in another thread, one of the users suggested reinstalling Skype,

something about clashing with FB contacts.

answers.microsoft.com - SHOW NAMES ON INCOMING CALLS

Removing/reinstalling Skype allowed me to see contact name & pic, not just phone #

on a Lumia 1020 RM-877 (AT&T unlocked)

being used in Trinidad & Tobago, Caribbean

In my case, I didn't need a hard reset, just did a reboot.

Only stumbled on that thread after I painstakingly copied and pasted

"+1 (868) " to all my contacts with local phone numbers :-(

Let me know if that works for you...

Norman Lum-Hee, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name

1. Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name - Similar Threads - Phone app doesn't

2. Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling: Hello,I ran into an issue that the name of contact or a phone number if it is unfamilliar number is not shown in notification, all it says "phone number is hidden" in Russian attached is the screenshot. All my contacts are synced and after I accpet the phone call in a list of...
  3. "Your Phone" app on Win 10 shows a number of "Recent calls" that are not on my phone. How...

"Your Phone" app on Win 10 shows a number of "Recent calls" that are not on my phone. How...: Win 10 Home Premium Version OS Build 19042.662 Your Phone app Version 1.20111.125.0 Samsung A50 running Android 10.0 I recently a few days ago cranked up the Your Phone app on my laptop and it works fingers crossed perfectly. I love it. I'm in the "getting to know"...
  4. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  5. Windows 10 People app not showing Call Your Phone link nor the contact Phone numbers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 People app not showing Call Your Phone link nor the contact Phone numbers: I just set up the Your Phone and the People apps on Windows 10. In the People App, the phone numbers no longer show unless I click the Edit button. Initially, they showed alongside a Call Your Phone link which is also no longer there....
  6. Your Phone App forcing calls to phone

Your Phone App forcing calls to phone: When connected to Your Phone, all features work except the calls on PC. When I dial a phone number on the PC app, it forces the call to the phone and not through the PC. Any ideas?...
  7. Your Phone app and calls

Your Phone app and calls: I have a Surface laptop 1st gen purchased Sep 2018, W10 Pro 1909, 18363.592 and a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. The my phone apps works fine except there is no "call" feature in the left hand menu. I thought the feature had been released. Thanks in advance....
  8. Phone app doesn't show make a call option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phone app doesn't show make a call option: Somewhile ago I've installed a fresh windows 10 and the option showed up, now I just changed my SSD and reinstalled windows 10, but now I'm unable to enable that option is there a way to fix this submitted by /u/alananayaa [link] [comments]...
  9. Your Phone App & Calls

Your Phone App & Calls: I cannot get phone call functionality on the Your Phone app. I am using a Dell XPS laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. The devices pair together fine via Bluetooth, but I get a message that other apps are preventing calls from working. I have tried all of the...
  10. Your Phone app doesn't show screen mirroring and calls?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app doesn't show screen mirroring and calls?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/fr26c3jxx1041.png?width=1341&format=png&auto=webp&s=a94f31f4bf4e5b8a2b833e159bf0f26f9f8128de Hey all, on the right hand panel there is no option for screen mirroring and calls. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A50. Is there a fix? submitted...