Windows 10: Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops.

Discus and support Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Your Phone app in my personal laptop and working fine with my Android device. However when i try to install it on my work laptop i have admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AvnishVashist, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops.

I have Your Phone app in my personal laptop and working fine with my Android device.

However when i try to install it on my work laptop i have admin right. It says you own it but it is not installing it. I have added my personal Microsoft account to the office laptop as well. Can someone guide me please?

:)

AvnishVashist, Jun 28, 2020

2. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 28, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Your Phone app not working

The "Your Phone" app is working perfectly for me.

@Ztruker, if you're trying to re-link the phone after doing a clean install, view your Microsoft Account online; under Devices click on Manage; if your phone is listed click Show details; click the More actions link (next to the device icon) and click Unlink this phone. Now start the Your Phone process again and see what happens.

Had to do this to get my phone linked again. And yes, the link process can be dodgy at times.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Jun 28, 2020
  4. mkr10001 Win User

Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops.

Your Phone doesn't work...

As title says. Doesn't work. When I try to refresh photos or messages it just keeps "loading" forever. Screen mirroring works but nothing else does.

Have tried resetting the app on my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop. Nothing works.

mkr10001, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops.

1. Your Phone app doesn't work/install on 2 laptops. - Similar Threads - Phone app doesn't

2. Your Phone Companion apps feature doesn't works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion apps feature doesn't works: Hi, I just helped my friend get to use Your Phone Companion, he enjoys it so far, but he can't use his phone screen from his laptop, it just keeps on loading and says it couldn't load. He lives in university dorm, so the wifi is from university. All other features seem to...
  3. Your Phone app not working on laptop

Your Phone app not working on laptop: Your Phone app works perfectly on my desktop, but not at all on my laptop. It recognises that the phone is there, but the notification sent by the laptop never reaches the phone. I have gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions checking same network, same Microsoft...
  4. Laptop mic not working in "Your Phone" app

Laptop mic not working in "Your Phone" app: When I use "Your Phone" app to make calls, my audio isn't getting relayed. I can hear my friend but he can't hear me. My mic is working fine as tested in various other apps...
  5. Doesn't "your phone companion" works?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doesn't "your phone companion" works?: Hi everyone. I just wanted to use the app your phone companion to transfer quickly photoes from smartphone to pc. I connected everything, I gave the permissions it needed but when I tap "Photo" nothing appears. I try to refresh but it says that phone and pc ar not connected...
  6. Your phone app doesn't work any more

Your phone app doesn't work any more: When I first installed this app, it was great. It showed the home screen of my phone, and I could make and receive calls, send and receive messages, and see notifications from my phone. Now it no longer works. When I opened it today, it showed a log of my phone calls...
  7. Your Phone app for 2 computers

Your Phone app for 2 computers: Will the Microsoft Your Phone app ever be modified to permit me to link my cell phone to both my laptop and my desktop rather than being limited to one or the other?...
  8. Your phone app not working on HP Laptop

Your phone app not working on HP Laptop: Hello I have all the updates current on my HP Envy Laptop. WHen I try to run the My Phone app, i get the screen pic attached and it will not progress. I have tried the repair and rest functions in the advanced settings. Allan Maddison Mackay Australia [ATTACH]...
  9. Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop

Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop: Hi, I just got a new lenovo flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to link my phone to my pc but whenever I click "Link Phone", i get an error saying "Something went wrong". I tried restarting my computer, resetting the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app...
  10. Your Phone doesn't work...

Your Phone doesn't work...: As title says. Doesn't work. When I try to refresh photos or messages it just keeps "loading" forever. Screen mirroring works but nothing else does. Have tried resetting the app on my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop. Nothing works. 142906