Windows 10: Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

Discus and support Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem began this week. In the Your Phone app, when I start typing a name of a known contact, Your Phone app no longer suggests any names. And... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bayarearobin, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

This problem began this week. In the Your Phone app, when I start typing a name of a known contact, Your Phone app no longer suggests any names. And when I type in the phone number of a known contact, Your Phone app doesn't recognize it as a known contact and leaves only the phone # there. All of my contacts are in gmail or Google Contacts. I do not use Outlook.

I can, of course, use my cell phone messaging app to see my contacts.

And, my cell phone messaging app continues to synch with Your Phone app just fine, in terms of messages.

:)

bayarearobin, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 8, 2020
  3. xsteveuk Win User
    "Your Phone" contacts

Hi Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up :)

When I use the phone app on My PC and enter the first letter of the contact I wish to send a message too
    It will show the name list of the contacts I wish to send it too - the names from my mobile phone contact list
    And then select the name to send message too Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up :)

Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up [​IMG]

xsteveuk, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

Sync Contacts

Hi Ken, thanks for responding and confirming a few things for me.
    I wish I had talked to you a long time ago.

When I went into my gmail contacts, I had about 10 differently dated imported "groups" that I had no Idea where they came from and were responsible for mess there (the "My Contacts" group list had almost 800 contacts, when there should have only been around 400) as well as in my phone (Galaxy s6)
    contacts.

I paid the price for failing to learn at least the fundamentals of managing gmail/yahoo contacts until now. I had to manually edit that awful mess. Merging duplicates doesn't help much.

That's the way I will approach it, since you can set up your phone to single out which gmail account will sync contacts on the phone.

My main obstacle was finding a way to coordinate/sync my local computer contact list and my phone contact list. You can't export the android list and directly import it into the computer list. Now I can do it easily by utilizing gmail as a middleman to create a backup of my android phone list that is compatible for importing into my local contacts.

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up

1. Your Phone app - gmail contacts no longer showing up - Similar Threads - Phone app gmail

2. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  3. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  4. Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling: Hello,I ran into an issue that the name of contact or a phone number if it is unfamilliar number is not shown in notification, all it says "phone number is hidden" in Russian attached is the screenshot. All my contacts are synced and after I accpet the phone call in a list of...
  5. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  6. Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app

Spam Texts showing up on Your Phone app: My phone filters any spam text messages to a blocked folder. It didn't used to do this, but now when I use the Your Phone app, all of those blocked texts show back up on my Messages list on my computer. I've used this app for a year and the spam texts never showed up until...
  7. Cleaning up gmail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Cleaning up gmail contacts: Hi Guys I did a google asking how to remove unwanted gmail contacts and when list opened, I went to the 3 lined (hamburger) menu and deleted the unwanted ones. BUT, when I open gmail/compose/To and type in any letter, I still get lots of addresses I have previously used....
  8. Your Phone App no longer runs

Your Phone App no longer runs: Hi Looking for some help with the Your Phone App. I have been using the app for a while without problems other than the occasional error connecting to my phone. Last night my PC rebooted and now the app will not launch. When I attempt to launch the app all I get is a...
  9. "Your Phone" contacts

"Your Phone" contacts: I started using the "Your Phone" app. Is there a way to link it to your contacts? If not, that's a major drawback, IMO. 142621
  10. Lost Contact to my "Your Phone" App

Lost Contact to my "Your Phone" App: Since 09-02-2019 I can link up my Moto G6 Android phone and my windows 10 PC with the "Your Phone" app. I have checked all the settings and they seem to be OK. Verizon added the "Digital Secure" app to my phone on 09-02-2019 and I am sure that is part or all of the problem....