Windows 10: Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop

Discus and support Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new lenovo flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to link my phone to my pc but whenever I click "Link Phone", i get an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josh2k2, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Josh2k2 Win User

Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop

Hi, I just got a new lenovo flex 14 laptop with Windows 10 Home. I am trying to link my phone to my pc but whenever I click "Link Phone", i get an error saying "Something went wrong". I tried restarting my computer, resetting the app, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app but no luck. My windows is also up to date. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

:)

Josh2k2, Dec 10, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Your Phone app not working

The "Your Phone" app is working perfectly for me.

@Ztruker, if you're trying to re-link the phone after doing a clean install, view your Microsoft Account online; under Devices click on Manage; if your phone is listed click Show details; click the More actions link (next to the device icon) and click Unlink this phone. Now start the Your Phone process again and see what happens.

Had to do this to get my phone linked again. And yes, the link process can be dodgy at times.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Herohtar Win User
    How can I disable the "Link your Phone and PC" notification in Windows 10?

The new "Continue on PC" feature that came with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update also includes a notification that pops up saying "Link your Phone and PC". Answering no or clearing the notification gets rid of it, but after some amount of time and/or a reboot, it continuously comes back.

Presumably, if you actually install the app to link your phone it will stop giving you the notification, and I am also aware that you can completely disable suggestion notifications; however, I do not wish to use the phone link feature and I would prefer not to disable all future suggestions, as I could possibly be interested in one of them. Is there a way to specifically disable a single specific suggestion notification?

Herohtar, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Your Phone App: Link your phone to PC not working on new laptop - Similar Threads - Phone App Link

2. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  3. Your Phone NOW Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone NOW Phone Link: This applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11NOW available as of March 31st 2022Your Phone is NOW Phone LinkPlease > Store > Library for the Update to Phone Link. Once done Your Phone becomes Phone Link....
  4. Link your phone to your PC

Link your phone to your PC: Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The continuing act of asking constantly to link your cellular telephone and not once asking first if u even have a cellular telephone is the most pressuring brainwashing dumb arrogant question I've ever experienced....
  5. Link your phone to your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link your phone to your PC: Why does windows assume everyone has a cellular telephone. The continuing act of asking constantly to link your cellular telephone and not once asking first if u even have a cellular telephone is the most pressuring brainwashing dumb arrogant question I've ever experienced....
  6. Your Phone app not working on laptop

Your Phone app not working on laptop: Your Phone app works perfectly on my desktop, but not at all on my laptop. It recognises that the phone is there, but the notification sent by the laptop never reaches the phone. I have gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions checking same network, same Microsoft...
  7. Cannot link Your Phone app to my Phone

Cannot link Your Phone app to my Phone: For some reason with the latest Windows update my "Your Phone" app stopped working on my Desktop. However, I have no problem using it on my Surface. The setup is stuck at 60% and the final result is a blank screen. I've tried all the resolutions without success. I even...
  8. Linking Your phone app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking Your phone app: I'm trying to link my Android phone to my computer using the Your Phone app. It tells me to send a notification to my phone by clicking "send notification" on my computer but nothing ever comes through to my phone. I've done this over eight times. Please help!...
  9. DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS

DISCONNECT LINKED PHONE FROM YOUR PHONE APPS: Hi, my old phone is linked up with Your Phone apps in windows 10. I want to add another phone in this app but I can't disconnect my old phone from Your Phone apps. please help me to fix this problem. Thanks in advance....
  10. Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??

Your Phone App Check your Phone / PC??: Ive been trying to get the Your Phone app working since it was released but ive only managed to get it working maybe 3 or 4 times. Most of the time i cant get past the Check your Phone / PC part. What are the Network requirements for this app so i can make sure my Firewall...