Windows 10: Your phone app not shown in background apps

Discus and support Your phone app not shown in background apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At long last I am making progress getting YOUR PHONE to work again, but I am stuck at 60%. In the Troubleshooting advice it says to check that YOUR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Jun 28, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Your phone app not shown in background apps

At long last I am making progress getting YOUR PHONE to work again, but I am stuck at 60%. In the Troubleshooting advice it says to check that YOUR PHONE has permission to run in the background. Trouble is, Your Phone is simple NOT LISTED as an app to either disallow or allow to run in the background. It does not appear to exist! How can I deal with this?

:)

clayto, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 28, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

Background Apps Annoying

You can go to Settings App
    search for background
    click on let apps run in the background

Scroll through the list to see if they're listed there.

swarfega, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Your phone app not shown in background apps - Similar Threads - phone app shown

2. Use Your Phone App In Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Your Phone App In Background: The Your Phone app is great. I mainly use the Notifications feature to stay up to date and to react to the reminders I set for myself. Especially using Windows 11 the way the notifications are integrated in the Notification Center is very clean, intuitive and helpful.My only...
  3. Use Your Phone App In Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use Your Phone App In Background: The Your Phone app is great. I mainly use the Notifications feature to stay up to date and to react to the reminders I set for myself. Especially using Windows 11 the way the notifications are integrated in the Notification Center is very clean, intuitive and helpful.My only...
  4. Your Phone app background in 20H2

Your Phone app background in 20H2: The background picture in the Your Phone app is a picture that i took a while ago on my phone. I since wiped my phone but the background is still this old picture. Is there any way i can find that picture on my PC because i would like to get it back. Thanks...
  5. Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app run in the background

Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app run in the background: Since Your Phone app and Your Phone Companion app can run in the background, do you have to keep both apps or either app open all the time on the phone or PC? I think the answer is neither one has to be open. Thank you...
  6. Your Phone App

Your Phone App: Recently your phone app got a calling feature. In the dialer whenever i am typing any number then the app seems to be automatically adding a country code prefix +44 in my case. This is also happening while sending an sms within the your phone app....
  7. your phone app

your phone app: When i make a call the voice came from my phone not from my surface go. I am done all setting reset and setup again and again but the issue is persist. what should i do. all notification photos, sms working properly but only voice not come from my surface go....
  8. Your Phone app

Your Phone app: When i make a call the voice came from my phone not from my surface go. I am done all setting reset and setup again and again but the issue is persist. what should i do. all notification photos, sms working properly but only voice not come from my surface go....
  9. Your Phone App

Your Phone App: Hi, The problem which I am facing is, Your Phone app does not shows me the call option and mirror option. You can see this in the image below. Can someone help me to fix this please ? [ATTACH]...
  10. 'Your Phone' App

'Your Phone' App: I have an iPhone, which isn't currently supported by the Your Phone app to receive or send text messages. Are you planning on adding more features including texting for iPhone? If so, when? I would really enjoy the app a lot more if there was a text messaging function that...