Windows 10: Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

Discus and support Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I ran into an issue that the name of contact or a phone number if it is unfamilliar number is not shown in notification, all it says "phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SergeYudin, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

Hello,I ran into an issue that the name of contact or a phone number if it is unfamilliar number is not shown in notification, all it says "phone number is hidden" in Russian attached is the screenshot. All my contacts are synced and after I accpet the phone call in a list of calls it is displayed properly, but when the call is performed I do not see who is calling which is very disorienting since I do not understand who is calling and should I pick up or not.Please help

:)

SergeYudin, Aug 2, 2021

2. "Your Phone" contacts

Hi Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling :)

When I use the phone app on My PC and enter the first letter of the contact I wish to send a message too
    It will show the name list of the contacts I wish to send it too - the names from my mobile phone contact list
    And then select the name to send message too Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling :)

Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling [​IMG]

eroopli123, Aug 2, 2021
  3. manos Win User
    Call Log display help

Hi. The Call Log, if the contact is on my contact list, displays the Contact Name and below the Country/City instead of the Phone Number that was used to call me or the one i called. If the contact is not in my Contact List, it displays the Contact Number and below the Country/City.
    Is there any way to change the setting in the first situation to display the Contact Name and below the Phone Number used? I prefer a solution without the use of a third party app. Phone is on android 7 / Emui 5.0.1 and the build is BLN-L21C432B365.
    Thank you.

manos, Aug 2, 2021
  4. ceisthelp Win User

Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

Call history sometimes shows name and sometimes show number.

Thats odd. In the history on phone, it always shows the name and always shows the names on the called ID. Does that contact have more than one phone number associated to them in your contacts list?

As you have tried soft reset already, I can only suggest trying a hard reset or try use another WP8 device to see if the issue is reproduced.

ceisthelp, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling

1. Your Phone app on PC does not show the name of contact that is calling - Similar Threads - Phone app does

2. phone link to show contact names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link to show contact names: how can i get phone link to show contact names for messages, it was untill i upgraded phone to samsung s23? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-to-show-contact-names/664c5a67-9211-4f9d-bcdb-355785cbc97b
  3. phone link to show contact names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone link to show contact names: how can i get phone link to show contact names for messages, it was untill i upgraded phone to samsung s23? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-to-show-contact-names/664c5a67-9211-4f9d-bcdb-355785cbc97b
  4. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...
  5. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...
  6. Your Phone app and phone calls

Your Phone app and phone calls: When I use the Your Phone app to make calls it sets up the call but it keeps reverting to 'use phone' in the drop down menu. So I still have to use the phone's microphone and speakers. Same if I receive a call. Can anyone help please?...
  7. Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name

Your Phone app doesn't show incoming call number/name: Hey there, i have a problem with the "Your Phone" app on Windows 10. Whenever a call is coming in, the notification popup in Windows doesnt show a number or name ID of the Caller. Instead it shows "Unknown". But on my phone's screen the name is displayed correctly. Also in...
  8. Windows 10 People app not showing Call Your Phone link nor the contact Phone numbers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 People app not showing Call Your Phone link nor the contact Phone numbers: I just set up the Your Phone and the People apps on Windows 10. In the People App, the phone numbers no longer show unless I click the Edit button. Initially, they showed alongside a Call Your Phone link which is also no longer there....
  9. Your Phone app and calls

Your Phone app and calls: I have a Surface laptop 1st gen purchased Sep 2018, W10 Pro 1909, 18363.592 and a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. The my phone apps works fine except there is no "call" feature in the left hand menu. I thought the feature had been released. Thanks in advance....
  10. Your Phone App & Calls

Your Phone App & Calls: I cannot get phone call functionality on the Your Phone app. I am using a Dell XPS laptop and a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. The devices pair together fine via Bluetooth, but I get a message that other apps are preventing calls from working. I have tried all of the...