Windows 10: your phone app on windows 10 pro

Discus and support your phone app on windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when trying to open app i get a message that newer update is available. but trying to update, i am given only an option to launch which then takes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MN66, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MN66 Win User

your phone app on windows 10 pro

when trying to open app i get a message that newer update is available. but trying to update, i am given only an option to launch which then takes me back to the same screen that update is available. how can i update the app and open it?

:)

MN66, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 9, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

your phone app on windows 10 pro [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. your phone app on windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - phone app pro

2. Your Phone App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App for Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vector427 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa1ks/your_phone_app_for_windows_10/
  3. YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?: Can I get the YOUR PHONE app to work with both of my android phones? It would be great to be able to use both of my smartphone #'s in the one app on Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-for-windows-10/6b99e49e-c262-4914-b19c-43c85bb9d14d
  4. Windows 10 Your Phone app

Windows 10 Your Phone app: Hi , i want to connect my Android mobile with my Windows 10 laptop through "Your Phone" app. Your Phone App requires Microsoft login .Instead of Microsoft personal login i want to use my business O365 account. Please suggest how can i connect my phone with my win 10...
  5. connected my Android Phone with Your Phone App in Windows 10 Pro

connected my Android Phone with Your Phone App in Windows 10 Pro: I connected my Android Phone with the "Your Phone" App in Windows 10 Pro Because I have another PC home for my parents... Windows 10 Pro - same Microsoft login account, as mine --- can connect additional Android Phones to my PC or my parent's PC? What is the minimum...
  6. Your Phone Windows 10 app

Your Phone Windows 10 app: I'm attempting to use the Your Phone app to move photos from my Pixel 2 to my laptop. I have found that the app on my laptop acts as if the left cursor button is always pressed, disallowing me from doing almost anything with it. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing...
  7. Your Phone App Windows 10

Your Phone App Windows 10: My Your Phone app on Windows 10 does not show text messages or outgoing messages typed from my phone. It used to show it but when I applied an update a few weeks back, it starting behaving this way. All I see are incoming text messages on the app. Is there a setting I need...
  8. Your Phone App on Windows 10

Your Phone App on Windows 10: Is there a way to password protest the Your Phone app in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-on-windows-10/ce157373-7a4f-4616-bf90-579c22a80fae
  9. Windows 10 Your Phone App

Windows 10 Your Phone App: How do I terminate the Your Phone App Nothing happens when I activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-your-phone-app/9e6fb851-7e1f-439a-b6ee-eb82e03985d3
  10. Windows 10 your phone app

Windows 10 your phone app: I have a windows 10 laptop and I've been trying to sync my new iPhone 8 to my laptop using the your phone app, but all it does is link the two together and sync Microsoft edge. There is no option to sync text messages and when I look online to see how to sync my messages with...