Windows 10: Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart

Discus and support Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When someone calls me or I call someone, the Your Phone app decreases volume of all other applications and it lasts until Windows is restarted. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kirill Andriiashin, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart

When someone calls me or I call someone, the Your Phone app decreases volume of all other applications and it lasts until Windows is restarted.

I have made sure to turn off the muring during calls in audio settings. Some apps do it despite it being turned off, but usually setting it to some % and then to "no" fixes it, but it's not the case with Your Phone. This is really annoying as I have to restart Windows every time someone calls me.

:)

Kirill Andriiashin, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 16, 2020
  3. muted app has sound

To be more specific. App is Bitcoin Miner. Ad appears as a video in app window. App still shows muted symbol, but sound is playing. There is a back button that stops the video and reverts app to normal state. Ad doesn't affect apps work. My security is
    far beyond suggested, so there is no malware nor any other unwanted program. Ad is part of the app, but sound somehow circumvents the muting of the app. Mixer shows only that app and system sounds, no other apps appear when sound occur.

RaleDjurdan, Jun 16, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart

1. Your Phone app permanently mutes all sounds, only resets on Windows restart - Similar Threads - Phone app permanently

2. Windows 10 randomly muting all sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly muting all sound: recently my PC started randomly muting all sound and sometimes rapidly muting and unmuting itI'm running Windows 10 64-bit ProI have tried running the troubleshooter, updating Windows, updating audio drivers, reinstalling audio drivers and restarting audio servicesmy headset...
  3. Windows 10 randomly muting all sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 randomly muting all sound: recently my PC started randomly muting all sound and sometimes rapidly muting and unmuting itI'm running Windows 10 64-bit ProI have tried running the troubleshooter, updating Windows, updating audio drivers, reinstalling audio drivers and restarting audio servicesmy headset...
  4. No Sound On Your Phone App

No Sound On Your Phone App: Hello. I have installed the Your Phone App on my Surface Go but I can't get the sound to work. I can make a phone call on my Surface and the person I was calling could hear me but I could not hear her. Also when I try and play other audio in other apps on my phone on my...
  5. Can't see All apps in Your Phone App.

Can't see All apps in Your Phone App.: I can't see any of my android app in Your Phone App. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-all-apps-in-your-phone-app/9bb4bd09-c2e8-4a76-898b-3a14c9297c87
  6. Sounds muted and apps with sound crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sounds muted and apps with sound crashing: Hello, I have almost new Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Type 20N2, with all updates and drivers up to date. All of a sudden the laptop stopped making any sounds, system startup sound is not working, anything else as well. This is happening even with plugged in headphones to 3,5 mm...
  7. Reset device list on Your Phone App

Reset device list on Your Phone App: Hi, I would like to remove/reset the device list from YourPhone App as I can see 2 devices. I tried to Reset and Reinstall the App, but the list never gets empty so that I can start from the beginning and have only 1 device mapped to the App. [ATTACH] Please assist me...
  8. Your Phone APP call sound garbled

Your Phone APP call sound garbled: While working on my surface Pro X I'm able to answer texts just fine. When calls come in I can answer from my laptop but the audio is garbled. It sounds like someone talking through a voice changer. The callers report that they can hear me just fine. Is there a fix for...
  9. Windows mutes all other sounds Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows mutes all other sounds Skype: Hi, I have been experiencing the common issue of Windows muting all other programs when I'm using a communications application Skype and Discord while on my headphones I have reinstalled the drivers etc., despite me choosing the "do nothing" option under sound >...
  10. muted app has sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    muted app has sound: Store app is muted in volume mixer. Ad appears in that app and there is a sound in it. There is no way to mute it nor decrease sound volume. And of course, there is no way to block that ad. This problem is not only annoying, it forces you to turn the sound off, or stop using...