Windows 10: Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads

Discus and support Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few of my contacts suddenly only appear with their phone numbers in the message list. This started a few weeks back. The contacts were displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarianneD, Oct 7, 2019.

1. MarianneD Win User

Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads

A few of my contacts suddenly only appear with their phone numbers in the message list. This started a few weeks back. The contacts were displayed correctly with their names earlier.

When I write a new message and type in their names, both the name and the number appear correctly but when I press send the name disappears and in the message list to the left I can only see their phone numbers.

The names are displayed correctly on my phone.

I'm on a Windows 10 64-bit laptop (HP Spectre 360) and a Samsung Galaxy 10+.

I sync my contacts via Microsoft Exchange.

:)

MarianneD, Oct 7, 2019
  2. 112010 Win User

want contact name not phone number

Hi a friend phoned and text and his name showed,he,s in my contact list on the phone.The thing is that any text message he has sent me and anybody else previously on my phone just displays the phone number of who sent it.Ive noticed that if i click on CONVERSATIONS
    instead of inbox practicly all the names of people that sent me texts are there...

112010, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Phone Man Win User
    W10 Phone - People App missing Send Message in contacts Profile

Wife and I have W10 Icon phones running Build 14393.321.
    On my phone when I open People and select a contact it gives me a choice of Send Message or Call Mobile.
    On the wife's phone the Send Message choice is missing.
    Can't find an option for this so any help is appreciated.

We both can go through the Messaging App and select a contact and it works.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone

Read more: Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone | Windows Central

Brink, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads - Similar Threads - Phone app Phone

2. Contact phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contact phone number?: Is there a number we can call? I and many others are being censored while others whose views are opposing are allowed to voice their opinions unfiltered I literally typed their responses and I wasn’t allowed to post them....
  3. Contact phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact phone number?: Is there a number we can call? I and many others are being censored while others whose views are opposing are allowed to voice their opinions unfiltered I literally typed their responses and I wasn’t allowed to post them....
  4. Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads: I have S23 Ultra and windows 11. All latest update same problem also on Windows 10 and on S21 UltraI can only see phone numbers without names when I reisntall apps on Windows and phone.. this fix issue for shor period of time...then I have same issue again So phone app is...
  5. Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads

Your Phone app: Phone numbers instead of contact names in some message threads: I have S23 Ultra and windows 11. All latest update same problem also on Windows 10 and on S21 UltraI can only see phone numbers without names when I reisntall apps on Windows and phone.. this fix issue for shor period of time...then I have same issue again So phone app is...
  6. Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos

Phone Link "Messages" shows phone numbers, not names and photos: I know this has been an issue a number of times. They keep resolving the issue and then it comes back. I have been using Phone Link for quite a while. In the last year the number of numbers I have to keep editing and re-syncing is stupid. I have had to use a few different...
  7. Phone Link displays some phone numbers instead of names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link displays some phone numbers instead of names: In the Messages section, a few of my contacts suddenly only appear with their phone numbers.This started last week. The contacts were displayed correctly with their names earlier.I see that this was a problem for some folks 2 years ago...now it's happening to me.It might have...
  8. Phone Link displays some phone numbers instead of names

Phone Link displays some phone numbers instead of names: In the Messages section, a few of my contacts suddenly only appear with their phone numbers.This started last week. The contacts were displayed correctly with their names earlier.I see that this was a problem for some folks 2 years ago...now it's happening to me.It might have...
  9. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...
  10. I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App

I only see contact numbers, not contact name on Your Phone PC App: Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and have linked it to my PC. My phone is connected to Windows and the Your Phone App. I want to say that almost half of my messages only show the contact number, not the name. I have tried reconnecting my phone to my PC but still have...