Windows 10: Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.

Discus and support Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got a new phone and coincidentally got a new SSD for my computer so I reformatted the drive and installed Windows 10 from scratch. When I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by dotnetryan, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.

I recently got a new phone and coincidentally got a new SSD for my computer so I reformatted the drive and installed Windows 10 from scratch.

When I load the Your Phone app, it still has my old phone.

I have tried the following

1. Settings -> Apps -> Your Phone -> Terminate, Repair, and Reset
    2. Settings -> Phone -> Unlink this PC
    3. Browsed to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ and removed the old phone from there
    4. I ran this Powershell command with elevated privileges
      1. Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers Remove-AppxPackage
    5. I also terminated the Microsoft Store from running

I reboot after all that, wait 30 minutes for the cache to expire and my MS account needs to sync up...I then reinstall the Your Phone app from the Microsoft Store...it still shows my old phone.

:)

dotnetryan, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Your Phone app not working

Perhaps this may be of help clearing up some confusion.

If you do a search for "Your Phone" via the Windows 10 start menu, the result takes you to the "Your Phone" app page, which gives you the options to connect/sync your computer to your phone. It is the settings on that page that I have struggled with, because they lead you nowhere, with no way to complete the process. At least, that is my experience.

But there is another choice in that also shows up farther down in the start menu "Your Phone" the search results called "Link your phone". It takes you to a different settings page titled "Your Phone", but gives you options not found on the Your Phone "app" page, including the ability to add a device, and most importantly, "unlink" your phone. This is the crucial step, which will lead you to the next step of re-linking your phone on your computer. You will come across a popup that displays a QR code (you will be asked to scan this QR code in a further step), and you will be asked to install the the Your Phone app on your phone (even if it is already installed), upon which it will then offer you to confirm the process by either scanning the QR code, or signing into Microsoft.

For me, for whatever reason, scanning the QR code did not work, but signing into Microsoft did complete the process.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 15, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.

1. Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - Phone app shows

2. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  3. Your Phone not showing Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone not showing Apps: I've connected Your Phone to my PC and the only thing it's not showing are my Apps. The account email is the same so what am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-not-showing-apps/1816065d-75ce-4416-8ab5-c1491bc31721
  4. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  5. The "app" tab is not showing in Your Phone app

The "app" tab is not showing in Your Phone app: so I saw on youtube that the Your Phone app has the app section where it shows all apps on your phone. but in my case somehow I can't find the app tabjust like that I only have those menus, and no app. for information, I always keeps my pc up to date so I'm running the latest...
  6. Your Phone app will not connect no matter what

Your Phone app will not connect no matter what: Hello, I've tried everything to connect my new Galaxy A71 5G to my windows laptop with the Your Phone app. It used to work seamlessly with my old phone. So I made sure I completely removed the old phone and tried again. I even reset the apps on both devices to make sure it...
  7. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  8. Change phone on Your Phone app

Change phone on Your Phone app: Hello, how do you switch devices on the Windows Your Phone App? I have seen the answer to someone that asked the same question but looks like the menus and user interface has changed on the Windows Your Phone App since then....
  9. change phone on your phone app.

change phone on your phone app.: I want to change the device on your phone app on windows please assist me with that. I would be highly obliged if you will email me personally on my email (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). Thanks Devyansh...
  10. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...